Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Which groups are associated with a domain

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Which groups are associated with a domain
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to find out which groups are associated with a specific domain in MR Admin.

My problem is that we were two admins for the R&D period and now I am the single admin on the server and I figured out that some groups may be doubled.

So I'd like ot list the groups per domain and then restructure the whole thing.

Thanks,

WFS/FFS/DM 7.6.4 / WFS/FFS/DM 7.6.8 / WFS/FFS/DM 7.6.9 / AS400 V5R4M0 / HTML / iSM 5.5sp2

Posts: 60 | Location: Kingsey-Falls, Québec, Canada | Registered: May 14, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Pascal,

You can view the domains and groups in MRE User Administration (but then you already know that).

You may also create flat file extracts of the MRE information by executing Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\utilities\mrextract.bat (this produces flat files containing data about domains and programs - I think it will also do domains, groups and users.

Alternatively, you can browse file Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\user.htm, which is where all the domain, group and user information is stored.

I hope this helps.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If you set up MR to use RDBMS then you could query the WF_GRPDOMTB table.

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv

Expert
posted Hide Post
I am very curious about where "set up MR to use RDBMS" is documented. I have found only two links on Tech Support that discuss "WF_GRPDOMTB":

How to setup Managed Reporting REALM Driver for MYSQL

How to migrate users when using Realm Driver with RDBMS

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Chanah. Too bad the domain information cannot also be stored in a RDBMS table.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
What type of domain information are you looking for?

Expert
posted Hide Post
a list of reports in the domain - report name and fex name for example. The stuff that's in the domain-name.htm file.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yup - I'm with you on that. And that's why we all appreciate the master file you once provided... Thanks!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'll have to make sure that the Master file still works for 7.6

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
I believe that someone after you posted an update for 7.6 and it seemed to work well.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
Pascal,

You can view the domains and groups in MRE User Administration (but then you already know that).

You may also create flat file extracts of the MRE information by executing Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\utilities\mrextract.bat (this produces flat files containing data about domains and programs - I think it will also do domains, groups and users.

Alternatively, you can browse file Drive:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\user.htm, which is where all the domain, group and user information is stored.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

WFS/FFS/DM 7.6.4 / WFS/FFS/DM 7.6.8 / WFS/FFS/DM 7.6.9 / AS400 V5R4M0 / HTML / iSM 5.5sp2

Posts: 60 | Location: Kingsey-Falls, Québec, Canada | Registered: May 14, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:

I tried mrextract.bat and it didn't gave much more than MRadmin console.

quote:

That didn't help very much... Tedious task to analyze this document.

it's a bummer that IBI did not build a cross-reference tool.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree with you more...

They claim that in the next big release, the whole security and architecture is being revamped and it'll be easy to write your own queries to get this information.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
could we expect that in 7.7?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd like [to] list the groups per domain ...

The Groups extract file provides that info. It's mfd is given as:
IBIMRGRP.MAS Master File
$-----------------------------------------------------------------------
$ IBIMRGRP.MAS
$-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE=IBIMRGRP, SUFFIX=COM
SEGNAME=IBIMRGRP, SEGTYPE=S0
FIELD=GROUP_HREF, ALIAS=E01, ACUTAL=A13, USAGE=A13, $
FIELD=GROUP_DESC, ALIAS=E02, ACUTAL=A256, USAGE=A256, $
FIELD=DOMAIN_HTM, ALIAS=E03, ACUTAL=A21, USAGE=A21, $

in the "Managed Reporting Extract Utility" chapter of the MR Admin manual.
These are basically junction records, with one instance per group-domain association. So

table file IBIMRGRP print GROUP_DESC by DOMAIN_HTM by GROUP_HREF ...

should produce the list you need.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pascal Bellerose:
could we expect that in 7.7?

So they claim...