Focal Point
[CLOSED] Blank spaces in fields are not getting recongnised

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/795107915

September 01, 2010, 11:58 AM
It's Alive!
[CLOSED] Blank spaces in fields are not getting recongnised
Hi,

I have a field which has "hard returns" (such as new lines by hitting ENTER , and new lines with bullets). when i retrieve these fields and display them , WF does not consider any of the hard returns and removes all the intended spacing. is there any way to force WF to recognise these hard returns?

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.1.4
UNIX
HTML,PDF,EXL2K
September 01, 2010, 03:35 PM
Prarie
Try doing a search for Carriage...as in Carriage return. There's been many discussions.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Also, if displaying in HTML, spacing is not respected (multiple spaces are compressed to a single space unless specifically coded with the   sequence. As for carriage returns, as Prarie mentions, there have been multiple discussions on the topic.

Also, it appears that you're trying to save formatting/layout of data in the data field itself. I would not rely very heavily on that - never had much consistent success. Databases, output types, font sizes, screen sizes, etc. will ALL affect the actual display - too many variables.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat