Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] Graph Positioning (html) and Space Usage

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] Graph Positioning (html) and Space Usage
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have a project where the user is extremely demanding about how the graphs and objects are using the space on my form/dashboard. I have a form where I am including a number of different graphs, as well as some parameter objects. I am finding it very hard to squeeze the content so that everything can be reviewed at a glance, without scrolling.

Within each graph report output, escpecially the pie chart graphs, there is a lot of white space around the graph, and in some cases the legend seems far removed from the graph piece, creating even more white space. In this example, the graph style attributes appear to be identical, so I can't tell why the legend in one is close to the pie, but the legend in the other is not.

I need some input/help on how to style & position graphs in a report to maxmize the real estate on the display form.

I have created a case with IBI for this, but wanted to see if I might get some ideas or tips from the Focal Point community. Any advise would be much appreciated.

-Debbie Sullivan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 52 | Location: Merrimack, NH | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think I may have resolved my pie chart “white space” problem. I found that when I created a graph object using the Advanced Graph Assistant from within the HTML Composer, I seem to have far more control over positioning and sizing of the graph object. The only problem is (and perhaps I’m wrong) there seem to be limitations with the passing of parameters to that object, as well as perhaps limitations targeting “self” for drill-down. But, what I found I can do is copy the code that was generated and inserted inside of the Composer, and paste that into a new fex. This fex seems to now honor the sizing and positioning that I had set up from within the Composer. If I replace the imbedded object with this new fex, I think I will then have the functionality that I need.

The other thing I did was remove the legend from the chart. I am instead displaying the slice information in a tablular report beside the graph report. It looks like it is all one report, but this gives me better control over how I place this information. I have to create some kind of image or conditional styling to coordinate the color of each series on the pie to the correct line on the tabular piece. But I should be able to figure something out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deborah Sullivan,

Posts: 52 | Location: Merrimack, NH | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post