Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to display two across columns side by side

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to display two across columns side by side
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a report whose output looks like this.

|Month1	    |Month2		      |	Month3		|| Quarter	        |BUDUNITS|BUDDOLLARS|			
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||--------              |        |          |
			 |10/01/2018	|   |11/01/2018	     |        |12/01/2018	||		        |        |          |
                         |              |   |                |        |          	||	                |        |          |
Seq_no|     Region|      |ID|Sales|Profit|  |ID|Sales|Profit |        | ID|Sales|Profit ||Tot.Sales|Tot.Profit	|        |          |

I am trying to do an across with date field and label it as month1 and month2 and month3 and another across with quarter and show total columns underneath it. Next two columns are measures which I am trying to align in same level as across columns.

This is what I have started with, any input will be helpful.

TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM
CNT.PCD
DOLLARS
UNITS
BY SEQ_NO
BY CATEGORY
ACROSS DATE
END

Regards
BI Dev

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi BI Dev,
First when sharing code and/or sample data/output please use the code tag. Last one on the ribbon
</>

It will avoid the need of all theses dashes and pipes where you are trying to align stuff

It's not yet all clear for me.

It seems that you will include only the three months from a quarter and have the value for each.
Then the quarter total
Then two other measures not related to the months and quarter
All this side by side ?

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi MartinY,

Sorry about the previous unclear post, Yes, Quarter total for only 2 out of 3 columns, and then two other measures not related to the month and quarter.

Regards
Bi Dev

quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
Hi BI Dev,
First when sharing code and/or sample data/output please use the code tag. Last one on the ribbon
</>

It will avoid the need of all theses dashes and pipes where you are trying to align stuff

It's not yet all clear for me.

It seems that you will include only the three months from a quarter and have the value for each.
Then the quarter total
Then two other measures not related to the months and quarter
All this side by side ?

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Much more clear now.

Need to think about it...but the solution may not be simple

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not yet exactly as your sample output, but it's a start to work with
DEFINE FILE GGSALES
QTR     /Q     = DATE;
MTH     /MONTH = DATE;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM CNT.DST.PCD/I5 AS 'PCD_CNT'
    DOLLARS
    UNITS
    BUDDOLLARS
    BUDUNITS
BY REGION
BY CATEGORY
BY QTR
BY MTH NOPRINT
BY TOTAL COMPUTE COLID   /I2  = IF QTR   EQ LAST QTR THEN COLID + 1 ELSE 1;
BY TOTAL COMPUTE BEG_MTH /A10 = FPRINT(MIN.DATE, 'I8YYMD', 'A10');
BY TOTAL COMPUTE COLTXT  /A10 = DECODE COLID (1 'Month1' 2 'Month2' 3 'Month3');
ON TABLE HOLD AS EXTDATA
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE EXTDATA
SUM BUDDOLLARS AS 'Bdg Dol'
    BUDUNITS   AS 'Bdg Units'
    DOLLARS    AS 'Qtr Dol,Total'
    UNITS      AS 'Qtr Units,Total'
BY REGION      AS ''
BY CATEGORY    AS ''
WHERE QTR EQ 'Q1';

SUM PCD_CNT    AS 'ID Count'
    DOLLARS    AS 'Dollars'
    UNITS      AS 'Units'
BY REGION      AS ''
BY CATEGORY    AS ''
BY QTR         NOPRINT

ACROSS COLID   NOPRINT
ACROSS COLTXT  AS ''
ACROSS BEG_MTH AS ''

WHERE QTR EQ 'Q1';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
END
-RUN

To have the totals (Qtr & Bdg) located at right of the months, it will need another technic that needs more work and handling

In Focus since 2007

Expert
posted Hide Post

Long Live The Text Editor...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post