Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Report won't Run when Hitting the Run icon or right mouse clicking RUN

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report won't Run when Hitting the Run icon or right mouse clicking RUN
 Login/Join

posted
We're a new shop so be gentle. *not having luck with the support line on my issues*

I have an install of REport Developer on a Windows XP machine. From that machine, with user JOHNSON, I can open reports, create joins, etc. When I try to run the report by hitting the Run icon (play button) or by right mouse clicking and selecting run..... It does nothing, no launch of the browser, no error, nothing.

I can log on to another XP machine as user JOHSON and have no problems running the same report.

Any ideas? Thank you.

7.6.4, iSeries, Windows, DB2

Expert
posted Hide Post
On the machine that doesn't work, was Developer Studio install under Mr. Johnson's id? And the same question for the machine that does work.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It was and yes. Installed by the user trying to run the report on both machines (I've run into that problem already). I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Wayne,

Just a suggestion: Open a ticket with a priority 1 or 5 (I forget which is PRODUCTION IMPAIRED), Production crisis.

You'll get immediate help...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Regarding another post, I hope the guy has two licenses for DS.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A possibly silly suggestion, be sure the pop up blocker on your browser allows 'pop-ups' for the WebFOCUS 'site'. Some times this keeps things from running if they are set to open in a new window.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 DS lics and 6 RD lics. So I should be cool.

posted Hide Post
Turned PopUp blocker OFF all together. Still no RUN.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom. I did put it in as Production Impaired but I'm going on 2 days now with one call(no help) and one email(asking for the trace). Sent the trace early this morning. No help. Not pressing the issue because being a new customer, I want a good reflection of the timing, speed and competency of their support system. Not feeling too strong about it as it stands.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Wayne,

IBI is "usually" very good at addressing these issues since the tickets are closely monitored.

At the other end of the spectrum, the product is "the best". Don't let this dampen your spirits...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No correspondence Just called the help line for an update, got routed to voicemail. Requested Call back. Waiting.

Guru
posted Hide Post
Wayne,

another thought comes to mind, make sure you're under EDASERV when you expand your folders, and not under the Web applications. You can't run your program under Web applications.

Have a good weekend everyone!

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, I ended up blowing away the WebFocus Enviroment Configuration in Developer Studio and then recreated it. The reports began running like a charm after I logged out and back in. Same config *shrug*