Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Footer overwritting subtotal line

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Footer overwritting subtotal line
 Login/Join

posted
When my PDF output report has enough data rows to fill the page, the subtotal line is being overwritten by the footer line. If report rows do not reach to the bottom of page, the footer and subtotal lines display as expected.

I'm using WebFocus Developer Studio 7.1.4.

The report is supposed to have a heading and footing on every page with the grand total appearing immediately after the report on the last page. If the report data fills the page and the last thing to print is the total for the report, I want the total line to break onto a new page and print there.

Using the every popular CAR example, my code looks like the following:

SET PRINTPLUS=ON
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
DCOST
SHIPPING_COST
FEES
RANKED BY RCOST
BY CAR
BY MODEL
HEADING "Car detail report"
ON BODYTYPE SUBHEAD ON TABLE SUBTOTAL
FOOTING BOTTOM "Page: Company Name <+0> &Date"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=SUBHEAD,HEADALIGN=BODY,BACKCOLOR='WHITE' ,STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=TABFOOTING,HEADALIGN=BODY,STYLE=BOLD,JUSTIFY=RIGHT,$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,ITEM=1,JUSTIFY=LEFT,BACKCOLOR='WHITE',$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,ITEM=2,JUSTIFY=CENTER,WIDTH=0.2,BACKCOLOR='WHITE',$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,ITEM=3,JUSTIFY=CENTER,WIDTH=4.3500,BACKCOLOR='WHITE',$
TYPE=FOOTING,LINE=1,ITEM=4,JUSTIFY=RIGHT,WIDTH=1.0,BACKCOLOR='WHITE',$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, STYLE=BOLD,$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

I've tried to play around with different setting using "ON TABLE SET LINE 60" (or 50 or 40 or 10) but that does not seem to have any effect. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

WebFocus Version = 7.1.4
OS.Platform = Windows XP 5.1
Expected OUtput = HTML, Excel and PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Pat, first thing: update your signature in the profiles section so that we know what version you're on.
second, your code doesn't run at all. The point of using the CAR file is so that we can copy your code, exactly as you have written it, and run it for ourselves to see what you're talking about. There's so much wrong with your code that i don't think its productive to even address it. So do, please, make those 2 corrections: your profile, and fix your code, and post back and we'll help you. ok?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Live and learn. (1) I've updated my signature. (2) Can't post my real code due to corporate security and can't get car example to mimic the problem. Is there any way to delet the original posting so people are not wasting their time on this question?

WebFocus Version = 7.1.4
OS.Platform = Windows XP 5.1
Expected OUtput = HTML, Excel and PDF