Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Published Files assigned to Root

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Published Files assigned to Root
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am publishing a maintain for the first time and all .js and .jpg files are being assigned to root instead of the user name iadmin.

The server Webfocus is on is a Unix server so once the files are assigned to root they cannot be changed or deleted except by root.

Why would it be doing this? I am logging in as iadmin and not root in the environmental settings.

Below is the listing of the published files.

-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 1046 Jul 07 09:12 AgencyCheck.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 4386 Jul 07 09:12 DateChecks.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 27204 Jul 07 09:13 HeaderTemplate.jp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root system 4390 Jul 07 09:13 MhFacVal.js
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 1339 Jul 07 09:13 facilextract.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 2109 Jul 07 09:13 facload.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 668 Jul 07 09:13 findfacnum.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 440 Jul 07 09:13 findgrpfacs.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 263 Jul 07 09:13 getfactypes.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 96 Jul 07 09:13 getoutphilly.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 225 Jul 07 09:13 getstates.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 760 Jul 07 09:13 group_load.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 1294828 Jul 07 09:13 mhfacility.fcm
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 24464 Jul 07 09:13 mhfacility.mnt
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 116623 Jul 07 09:13 mhfacility.wfm
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 119 Jul 07 09:13 tablefileall.fex
-rw-r--r-- 1 iadmin staff 734 Jul 07 09:13 testfac.fex

Master
posted Hide Post
I believe this is because your we server is running as root. I would see about setting the sticky bits on the directory.

Scott

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
"sticky bits" ? Is that like the naughty bits ? Smiler

Would you elaborate ?

Thanks

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
As per TexasStingray's post it appears you are running the server as root - which is NOT a GOOD Idea.

However I don't think sticky bits[1] would help here as ROOT can create files anywhere and the sticky bit only stops others from deleting/changing your files in a particular directory.

I'd look at how the WF server is being started and try to ensure it's being started by iadmin.

Cheers

Stu

[1] Wikipedia entry on Sticky Bits - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_bit

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you are developing ANY applications under Projects in Developer Studio, the id that started the web application server is the id under which the files are created. We have WebSphere and it is always started under root. I worked with a different app server at my previous contract and it was root as well.

This has nothing to do with the id that starts the reporting server.

What you can try to do is, after creating the application directory from Projects or better yet create it from a Unix prompt or Data Servers (you can make it a project after), go to the Unix prompt and change the ownership to you and the permissions. To set the group sticky bit, do a chmod g+s on the directory.

I can't guarantee that will help but it can't hurt.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post