Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] ReportCaster Question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] ReportCaster Question
 Login/Join

posted
how do we pass variable parameters to a scheduled job?

Thanks In Advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Posts: 16 | Location: MN | Registered: February 06, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Your question is generic enough to suggest a read through the fabulous manual, but I will suggest one of many different methods (search this forum to find more): let's say your scheduled report fex has an amper variable called &CALENDAR_MONTH and the parameter to pass can be 1 to 12 and you want to run the schedule for month 6.

1) Make sure your scheduled fex has this line "WHERE CALENDAR_MONTH EQ &CALENDAR_MONTH"
2) Create a one record flat file with just "6" in it. Then have your report fex -READ this value into your &CALENDAR_MONTH variable.

That's one way. There are a few other ways, but the right one depends on what you are trying to do. If you could perhaps be a bit more detailed in your question?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DavSmith,

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
David,

quote:
1) Make sure your scheduled fex has this line "WHERE &CALENDAR_MONTH EQ 6"

A bit cold down there in Dallas?? Hope they close the roof this weekend!!! GO PACK!

Did you mean:

WHERE CALENDAR_MONTH EQ '&CALENDAR_MONTH';

Say HI! to Edwin...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Simply, A scheduled Job is a One which also runs a FEX behind it.

So As usual, havin an &VAR in the FEX is the way to pass paramters.

The Job will ask for parameters when you run the schedule manually.

Or in case, if things are automated, Users are going to submit the schedules and It is going to run in Frequency, Other than the Data granularity(Daily,Weekly,Monthy) save the Param values as well as part of the DB and pass it while invoking the schedule....

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, I'm going to nick-name you Eagle-Eye-Fleagle! I've corrected the original post. Thanks!

Yes, it's a bit cold, and 6 inches of snow this morning...good thing I have a 4wd Jeep so the commute in was fun.

BTW, the roof at Jerry World will be closed.

I wonder how all the celebreties are handling the cold weather?

You know the Pack and Steelers are problems, historically, for Dallas fans, but I will say when I was 10 and watching the Ice Bowl, I was rooting for Bart Starr!

Edwin says hi back!

Take care.

David

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post