Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] MFD : Record Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] MFD : Record Error
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is it possible bypass record on master description.

Some records do not respect the MFD in my VSAM file but i don't know which ones it is.

I want to continue reading other records.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +
Chrome, IE, Excel, HTML; PDF, AHTML,GRAPH

Posts: 92 | Location: France | Registered: July 08, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That may depend on whether you are using indexed or not.

But my guess would be No

Does this VSAM file have a record type ?, you may be able to have the different record types in different segments. Then you could get only one type of record.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes VSAM file to several segments

Normally the format of the fields is defined, but it may happen that some records in the file does not respect the format.

I would like to play it when the record meets the format and the record is not read when he does not follow the format.

For the moment I made a conversion error and I can read the good records of the file.

Section break problem which is not an index

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +

Expert
posted Hide Post
Does the record length change with the different records ?

Could you define the field as text, then you may be able to do your filtering.

What is the format of the field ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
the problem is fairly recent with master that worked for all records.

We can not detect the incorrect records that causes this conversion error.

The deed to pass the text field or alpha does not work.
Heading is ACTUAL: P7 / USE: Z7

there is a filter on the topic GE value, can be that he will break problem ..

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Last time I used VSAM was eons ago. This type of problem though was not uncommon.

First, I think you mean USAGE=P7, ACTUAL=Z7. As Waz said this should get through as A7 for both.

I cannot remember it all now but there was a U format that was useful, I think it would be used as USAGE=A14, ACTUAL=U7. U is for Unformatted and returns the Hex(?), hence the A14; has to be twice the actual. May still work. From that you may more easily find bad records. Takes time.

Unfortunately I don't remember any easy approach to take when this happens, other than finding roughly where the error occurs, and just working in that area of data.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Alan thank you for this clarification

In fact I'll try to break records that target problem even though it may take time.

It's a pity there is not a parameter that allows to pass a registration in case of misreading, but who knows in a future version can be ...

Thanks
Jacquetl

Webfocus 8.201M.
Windows
InfoAssist +