Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Where are they now: 15 years later (post one)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Where are they now: 15 years later (post one)
 Login/Join

<shislandguy>
posted
I know this isn't really WebFOCUS, but I didn't think anyone would read this in the MISC forum.

I was cleaning out my office and ran across an old (post FUSE, 1993) issue of FUSEVIEWS, the quarterly rag from the old FOCUS Users group. I thought it would be fun to go through all the names I found to run a “Where Are They Now” Thread.

Starting on page one-

Maureen McDaniel, Lou Corato, Mike Ward, Mick McIntire, Valerie King, Gregory Dorman and Mark Boyles.

On page two –
Rosemary Mauro, Denise Alter, Cele DiGiacamo, Barbara Fogle, Cherri Porter, Sally King, Bill Crambo, and Jean Kirkpatrick.

Next entry will be contributors to Electric FUSE, the CompuServe forum.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mike Ward, as far as I know, is still in the Detroit area and had switched his allegience to Business Objects.

Mark Boyles had moved west for a time and the last I heard he and Barbara had moved back to the east coast.

All of this news is at least 5 years old.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
<shislandguy>
posted
Okay, here is a list of contributors to Electric FUSE, the predecessor to this forum on CompuServe. Anyone know where these folks are:

John Mulvaney (Pinnacle Data Systems), John Genzano, Mark Will, William Sanchez, Jim Scheef, Randy Hitchens, Keith Reichley, Peter Natali, Dave Mellor.

My last listing of blasts from the past (hard to believe that was 15 years ago, one the last USER-sponsored annual conferences) will be listing of Regional Contacts. Would you believe that there were ten FUSE regions, each with 4-6 regional groups?

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I talked to John Mulvaney about a year or 2 ago - he was at a consulting company - primarily a M$ shop. Pretty sure Bill Sanchez is retired.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
shislandguy,
Don't know what time period you're referencing, but Jim Scheef and I shared a 5-person office/room for several years back in the 1980's. It was a former VIP corner office overlooking the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge. We both worked for Genaral Foods Corp., starting up a mainframe sales forecasting app out of their Tarrytown, NY, office. He was still with wife #1 and building a house in Brookfield, CT.
Saw his name a few years later in the membership list of a Danbury PC User's group.
Chris

WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: October 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jean Kirkpatrick? ... didn't she go on to be the US Ambassador to the United Nations? ... Music

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill Crambo retired from USACE at the beginning of the year.

Sue

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If it's the Jean Kirpatrick I knew, she was active in the Iowa/Nebraska Fuse/IBUG, but now that Iowa and Nebraska are separate for the most part, not sure what she's doing these days.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
what about ex ibi'ers from 25 years ago?

ira

aix 533 wf 537

aix-533,websphere 5.1.1,apache-2.0,
wf 538(d), 537 (p),
==============
7.6.11 (t) aix 5312
websphere 6.1.19
apache 2.0

posted Hide Post
A good place to find these people is LinkedIn. For example, there is a profile for Gregory Dorman, saying that he is currently CTO of Exigen Group in NYC.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=3490396

While you are there, be sure to send me a request to connect our networks. The more connections you have, the better your search results.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/DougLautzenheiser

Personal: Windows 7.7.02
Clients: Variety

Posts: 16 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
<shislandguy>
posted
Okay, last post: here is a list of names/organizations (one each) from the ten former FUSE Regions (somehow this feels like a list of the lost tribes...)

FYI- the Keynote Speaker at FUSE 93 was ..., believe it not, Fran Tarkenton.

Area 1- Claude Goldman; Area 2-Tom Farynowski, Ross Laboratories; Area 3-Karen Page, Florida Lottery; Area 4-Jerry Tsao, Royal Bank; Area 5-Nick Douglas, Suntrust; Area 6- Teresa Holliday, JC Penney; Area 7-Mike Errico, Rockwell;Area 8-Janice Engle, State of WA; Area 9-John Schanbacher, UP Railroad; Area 10-Marie Flynn, Northern Trust.

Hard to believe that such a large user group is gone in only 15 years, but, I guess that's the software business.

Report This Post