Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Show Column Title Each Time Group Changes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Show Column Title Each Time Group Changes
 Login/Join

posted
I want to display the column titles anytime a group changes, and when it has a subhead (or subfoot).

Run the following example, I want the column titles "CAR", "MODEL", and "BODYTYPE" to appear each time the country changes.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
BODYTYPE
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
SUBHEAD
" "
"END

Any ideas?

We are using WebFOCUS 7.1.3.

Posts: 21 | Registered: September 06, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD

WebFOCUS 7.6.11, WINDOWS, HTML, PDF, EXCEL

Posts: 77 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: May 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried "ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD" like so, but it still does not give me what I need. When it shows the next Country, I want it to show the column headings again.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
BODYTYPE
BY COUNTRY
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
" "
"END

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just shut off the default column titles and create your own like this. This would work for a text report. You would need to use a style sheet to line up the column titles for other formats.

Good luck

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR AS ''
MODEL AS ''
BODYTYPE AS ''
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"CAR MODEL BODY TYPE"
"--- ----- --------- "
END
CAR MODEL BODY TYPE
--- ----- ---------
JAGUAR V12XKE AUTO CONVERTIBLE
JAGUAR XJ12L AUTO SEDAN
JENSEN INTERCEPTOR III SEDAN
TRIUMPH TR7 HARDTOP
CAR MODEL BODY TYPE
--- ----- ---------
PEUGEOT 504 4 DOOR SEDAN
CAR MODEL BODY TYPE
--- ----- ---------
ALFA ROMEO 2000 GT VELOCE COUPE
ALFA ROMEO 2000 SPIDER VELOCE ROADSTER
ALFA ROMEO 2000 4 DOOR BERLINA SEDAN
MASERATI DORA 2 DOOR COUPE
CAR MODEL BODY TYPE
--- ----- ---------
DATSUN B210 2 DOOR AUTO SEDAN
TOYOTA COROLLA 4 DOOR DIX AUTO SEDAN

FOCUS 7.6 MVS PDF,HTML,EXCEL

Posts: 115 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just is case you don't know about this:

BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK NOPRINT

Of course, that'll give you a page break every time country changes..... but that means the column titles will reprint.

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The simplest way is to use
ON COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
and put the value for COUNTRY in the HEADING instead of a SUBHEAD

HEADING
"
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK

Column headings are always repeated after a PAGE-BREAK

Posts: 140 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OPALTOSH and dwf, excellent suggestions, and it satisfied what I was trying to do.

Thanks for your help!