Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Error Parsing MASTER File xxx (FOC36305)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Error Parsing MASTER File xxx (FOC36305)
 Login/Join

posted
I installed WebFOCUS 5.2.1 (Win2000 Client).
If I start to open an .fex procedure or create a new one and select a masterfile the following error shows up:

Error Parsing Master File xxx (FOC36305) APPROOT is not defined, APP Commands are disabled (FOC227). The focexec procedure cannot be found : yyy

Can somebody help me, thanks Alfred

Posts: 12 | Location: Linz, Austria | Registered: February 03, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
You might want to check the app path entries in the edasprof.prf file.

APP ENABLE
APP PATH catcadsa mfdcadsa ibisamp
(the lowercase directory names are where your master files and fexes are located)

App root should have been set when you installed the software. The root would be whatever drive you installed on, such as c:\ibi\apps.

Raelene

Posts: 31 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: September 11, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, in the c:\ibi\srv52\wfs\etc\edasprof.prf file was only the entry
APP ENABLE
APP PATH ibisamp
I installed the software again but it did'nt help.
My masterfile and fex files are on the WebFocus Server and not on the Client.

Alfred

Posts: 12 | Location: Linz, Austria | Registered: February 03, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
it sounds as if you're using DevStudio, is that correct? And you're trying to use it to edit a FOCEXEC?

1. Is your server started before you start using DevStudio? If the server is not running, you will get errors like this one... it can't parse a master file because it uses the server to do the parsing. If the server is down, or inaccessible, that explains it.

2. Do you have a Web server like IIS installed on your development server? The old client/server way to connect to the WebFOCUS server is no longer supported in 5.2. You need a Web server or to configure your development server to use the HTTP listener (there is a tech memo - TM4546 on the IBI support site that describes how to configure this.)

3. Make sure in DevStudio that your client path is correctly set up for the WebFOCUS Environment you are using.

If all else fails, call tech support.

Cheers

posted Hide Post
Thanks, I did an installation mistake, I installed as well the WebFocus Reporting Server on the Client so it pointed to this.
After a new installation it worked ok
(also I had to clean the registry from all WebFocus entries) A tool to do this would be not bad.

Alfred