Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     OMG---Oh My Graph!! First Graph and two of my percents are off by 2

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
OMG---Oh My Graph!! First Graph and two of my percents are off by 2
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
For all the graph experts, I hope you can help me. This is my first graph attempt and I am stumped. I've been scouring the forums for a similar issue but haven't found one. I get the report above the graph(good) which indicates the percents of 6%, 22%, 69%, and 3% for my pie graph(these are the correct percents). I am building off a hold file for my graph(hold file gives same percents) and when I run the graph ...the slices have 6%, 22%, 67%,and 5%......Can anyone see why my percents are off by two??? Thank you in advance. Michelle

-* File admit_apps_by_stud_type.fex
SET ASNAMES=ON
DEFINE FILE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM
app_month/A4V=HNAME(STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.APPLICATION_DATE, 'MONTH', app_month);
app_mon_int/I2=DECODE app_month( JAN 1 FEB 2 MAR 3 APR 4 MAY 5 JUN 6 JUL 7 AUG 8 SEP 9 OCT 10 NOV 11 DEC 12 );
app_year/A4=HNAME(STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.APPLICATION_DATE, 'YEAR', app_year);
percent/P9%=STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PIDM;
NEW_DAY_TIME/HMTDYYIA=HGETC(8, NEW_DAY_TIME);
END
-RUN

-***REPORT***
TABLE FILE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM
SUM 
     'CNT.DST.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PIDM' AS ''
     'PCT.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.percent' AS ''
BY 'STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_TYPE_DESC' AS ''
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Applicants by Student Type"
" "
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.app_mon_int LE &app_mon_int.(<January,1>,<February,2>,<March,3>,<April,4>,<May,5>,<June,6>,<July,7>,<August,8>,<September,9>,<October,10>,<November,11>,<December,12>).app_mon_int.;
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.APPLICATION_TERM_CODE EQ '&APPLICATION_TERM_CODE';
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.app_year EQ '&app_year';
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PROGRAM_OF_STUDY_CODE NE 'CD';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF 
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PIDM STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.percent AS 'Total'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = kvcc_wf_no_logo,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     BACKCOLOR=( 'WHITE' RGB(230 230 230) ),
$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
     BACKCOLOR=RGB(230 230 230),
$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-***TABLE FILE FOR GRAPH***
TABLE FILE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM
SUM 
     'CNT.DST.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PIDM' NOPRINT
 AS 'CNT_PIDMS'
     'CNT.DST.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PIDM' AS ''
     'PCT.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.percent' AS ''
BY 'STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_TYPE_DESC' AS ''
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"Applicants by Student Type"
" "
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.app_mon_int LE &app_mon_int.(<January,1>,<February,2>,<March,3>,<April,4>,<May,5>,<June,6>,<July,7>,<August,8>,<September,9>,<October,10>,<November,11>,<December,12>).app_mon_int.;
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.APPLICATION_TERM_CODE EQ '&APPLICATION_TERM_CODE';
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.app_year EQ '&app_year';
WHERE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PROGRAM_OF_STUDY_CODE NE 'CD';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF 
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.PIDM STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.percent AS 'Total'
ON TABLE HOLD AS STYPEHOLD FORMAT ALPHA
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = kvcc_wf_no_logo,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     BACKCOLOR=( 'WHITE' RGB(230 230 230) ),
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
     LINE=1,
     OBJECT=FIELD,
     ITEM=1,
     SIZE=9,
$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,
$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
DEFINE FILE STYPEHOLD
PERCENT/P9%=CNT_PIDMS;
NEW_DAY_TIME/HMTDYYIA=HGETC(8, NEW_DAY_TIME);
END

-***GRAPH***
GRAPH FILE STYPEHOLD
SUM PCT.STYPEHOLD.STYPEHOL.PERCENT AS 'Applicants by Student Type' 
BY STYPEHOLD.STYPEHOL.STUDENT_TYPE_DESC 
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH PIEMULTI
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER
ON GRAPH SET BARNUMB OFF
ON GRAPH SET 3D ON
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
ON GRAPH SET GRID ON
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT PNG
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHSTYLE *
setMarkerDisplay(true);
setConnectLineMarkers(false);
setConnectScatterMarkers(false);
setO1LabelDisplay(true);
setO1AxisSide(1);
setO1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setO1MajorGridStyle(0);
setO1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setAxisAssignment(0,0);
setY1LabelDisplay(true);
setY1AxisSide(0);
setY1MajorGridDisplay(true);
setY1MajorGridStyle(0);
setY1MinorGridDisplay(false);
setTextFormatPreset(getY1Label(),2);
setPieFeelerTextDisplay(1);
setPieLabelDisplay(3);
setTextFormatPreset(getPieSliceLabel(),2);
setRiserBorderMode(1);
setSeriesDefaultTransparentBorderColor(true);
setUseSeriesBorderDefaults(true);
setLegendDisplay(true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getY1Title(),true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getY1Label(),true);
setFontStyle(getY1Label(),2);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getY2Title(),true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getY2Label(),true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getO1Title(),true);
setFontStyle(getO1Label(),1);
setPlace(true);
ENDSTYLE
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
$
ENDSTYLE
END

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Look over this article

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prarie, The issue MAdams1 is having is that TWO of the percent numbers changed. The total still adds up to 100% but TWO of them changed values.

MAdams1, it looks like you are recalculating the percent in the GRAPH FILE section. Try adding an AS phrase to the PCT.STUDENT... in the TABLE FILE that creates the STYPEHOLD file. Then in the DEFINE before the GRAPH FILE change the PERCENT/P9%=[the AS for the PCT field in the HOLD File]. This might do the trick.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
MAdams1, Another thought is it looks like you could remove the PCT. on the 'PCT.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.STUDENT_APPL_HISTORY_DIM.percent' field. If the field already contains a percent value then you do not need to perform a PCT. on the field. this may also be throwing off your numbers. This is because it performs a PCT using the values of the percent field whereas the DEFINE causes the PCT in the GRAPH FILE request to perform the percent calculation on a real count.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prarie. This article is great!

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
[SOLVED]

To Mickey,

Thanks..your second post did the trick. I also noticed I had some issues with my hold file. It's fixed. Thanks a bunch.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional