Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] access to latest report version in library

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] access to latest report version in library
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Anyone know how to access the most recent version of a report in the library? I am building a dashboard page that has multiple reports, each of which could take a while to run. So I scheduled each report to run daily and expire after every version (ie only keep the latest version). How can I reference each report? If I use a URL, I need to know the version, correct? Is there a way to always get the last version?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure how what you're wanting differes from the standard functionality provided by the Report Library. You can configure the Library to keep x number of version or to only keep the latest version. When the users (who have been granted access to the library) login in through the dashboard or MRE interface they can see the latest content that is available. There is no need for you to provide any additional access via URL or otherwise. The library manages the content and versions it has received from ReportCaster. You may want to review the Report Library chapter in the ReporCaster Administration manual.

If you're needing something different, please clarify.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I need to customize the interface so that it looks like a nice dashboard page instead of having the library look. The goal is to show library content in a nice public dashboard page. Some of the reports take several seconds to a minute to run and are not good candidates to be run "live" in a dashboard, so we'd like to schedule them, output to the Library and show the latest version when the user hits the dashboard page.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You can add a library page to a dashboard. Would that work ? Though the library does require the user to be logged on.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
One option to consider is that you you can create a Dashboard page that contains one or more Output type content blocks. You can choose library reports to display in the output content blocks. That way it will not run the report to get the output because the output already exists in the Library. It will show the most recent version of the report from the Library. This gets you around having to use the standard Library Page.

Prod: WF 8.005 Windows, all output formats
Dev: WF 8.005

Posts: 21 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 18, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SandyM:
You can choose library reports to display in the output content blocks. That way it will not run the report to get the output because the output already exists in the Library. It will show the most recent version of the report from the Library.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do. How would I select Library content for an output block? I only get to choose from domain reports.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

posted Hide Post
On the Edit Content Page you should see two tabs one titled Managed Reporting and one titled Library. If you want to choose a report from the Library to add it to the content block make sure that the Library tab is active(selected). Whe you have it active it should show you a list of the reports in the Library that you are authorized to access. If you don't see the Library tab on the Edit Content page you probaly want to check that the ID that you are using has the privilege to access the Library. Hope that helps.

Prod: WF 8.005 Windows, all output formats
Dev: WF 8.005

Posts: 21 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 18, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
well, i don't see that. On Edit Content page, I can add a page, add a library page (which obviously isn't what I'm looking for), etc. So I add a block, then all I see on the left are domains and folders. where do i need to look? i'm on version 7.6.4.

Actually, maybe it's a permission/group/domain setup issue. I'll look more.

After some testing, here's what I've got:
- public user has the role Analytical User
- Analytical User role does not allow access to Library
- public user DOES have the Library access checked

In this situation, I'm not able to specify Library content in the dashboard, even though public user Library access is checked. But when I alter the Analytical User role to allow Library access it works. Shouldn't the user-specific access override what's defined in the role?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MacLonghorn,

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This has been fixed:
I was not seeing the MRE tab, only the domains, even though the public user assigned to the Public dashboard had Library access. The problem was that the public user ID was not the same case as the user ID setup in MRE.

Since when are user id's case-sensitive !!!??? That should be a bug.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
It's not a bug. Some operating systems are case sensitive such as UNIX.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post