Focal Point
[SOLVED] !IBI.amp.VARIABLE syntax in 8.2

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8007027986

March 22, 2018, 04:20 PM
capples
[SOLVED] !IBI.amp.VARIABLE syntax in 8.2
We are in the process of trying to upgrade to 8.2 and we have noticed that our HTML files that contain the !IBI.amp.HTMLDATESTART ; type syntax are not able to be ran. Has this functionality been removed or restricted? Has anyone else ran into this issue and been able to work around it?

This was the only way we know how to default controls like calendar controls to certain values, so we would like to keep this functionality if possible.

Also, the error we're receiving is an alert that says "User does not have permission to run Portal Content"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel
March 22, 2018, 06:05 PM
David Briars
The ability to use a variable in a web page is an important component of many of our -HTMLFORMs and I believe for other IB customers, so I don't think it would go away.

The syntax in the 'Developing Reporting Applications' shows 'AMP' to be in caps, and the semi-colon to immediately follow the variable name.

Here is an example, from one of our -HTMLFORMs:
<style>
 .tag {
    float: left;
    position: relative;
    left: 0px;
    top: 0px;
    z-index: 1000;
    margin-bottom: -20px;
    margin-right: -20px;
    display: !IBI.AMP.DISPLAYICON; ;
  }
</style>  

Maybe adjust your syntax and retest?

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
March 23, 2018, 08:45 AM
dbeagan
Are you putting amp in uppercase and not having a space before the ending semicolon? Like this:

!IBI.AMP.HTMLDATESTART;

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
March 23, 2018, 12:09 PM
capples
You guys are right. It appears the syntax was not sensitive in our current version (8105). After changing to all caps and moving the semicolon, the error went away.

Though I did not test which specific change corrected it.

WF 8.2.0.3
Windows 10 64bit
HTML, AHTML, PDF, Excel