Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Webfocus Report output to excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Webfocus Report output to excel
 Login/Join

posted
Hi ,

I have webfocus 8105.

I’m trying to run a report from WebFOCUS BI portal and I’m having an issue exporting to excel.

For example: If I open up the AAAA Report and choose ‘Excel’ as the output format, the report runs and prompts me to either save or open. When I click open, excel opens but there is no file or data to be found. If I click save first and then open, the file opens as expected.

How can I do to fix it? so that I can open directly. thank you. I checked the excel value/properties which is set EXL2K. thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Use EXL07. I had the same problem until I switched all my code to EXL07.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the EXL** will depend on what version of Excel (Office) you are on. I had the same issue, only when I used EXL07, I had a similar issue as what you are describing. When I changed the EXL07 to EXL2K the issue went away.

Let us know if changing from EXL2K to EXL07 resolves your issue. I would be interested to know what version of Office you guys are using as well.

WebFOCUS 8.2
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Also I think I remember that if you maximize the excel when it initially comes up blank. The data will appear. I think the data is actually there, but screen does not refresh properly.

WebFocus 8.1.5
iSeries/Windows
DB2/SQL/Access
Dev Studio
App Studio
Maintain
ReportCaster

Posts: 341 | Location: Pembroke NH/Jericho NY | Registered: June 15, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're using MS OFFICE 16, the output will need to be changed to XLSX (the Excel 2007 option).

posted Hide Post
Our users experienced this recently due to a Windows Update. We worked around this issue by have them adjust their Trust Center settings in Excel.

Unfortunately, we are not able to switch our reporting to EXL07 because we get illegal XML character errors when trying to use EXL07, and IBI has not given us a reasonable solution that would justify using EXL07.

The steps below have fixed the issue for our users
1. Open Excel
2. 'File'
3. 'Options'
4. 'Trust Center'
5. 'Trust Center Settings'
6. 'Protected View'
7. Disable the setting for 'Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet'

WF 8 Version 8008
Windows 7 Professional

posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your prompt and kind responses.

I didn't go to the report properties to change the report to EXL07 format because I was the person designs that report. So it is better to keep it the same.

Instead, I referred the document below
http://documentation.informati...f761sec/wf761sec.pdf

go to Administration Console-->Configuration -->Redirection Settings to change .xmh application/vnd.ms-excel setting.

So now I am able to open the file directly. But I am still getting the message: “Excel cannot open the file ‘aaaa.xlsx’ because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.”

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is that the standard excel message that we click through at my place? and then the file opens anyway.

FYI, the output formats XLSX and EXL07 are exact synonyms in version 8 (starting around 8.1.05 I think or was it 8.0.09).

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.

Master
posted Hide Post
AJEN7118, that message is due to security changes in EXCEL beginning with Excel 2007. WebFOCUS does not produce a true .xls with EXL2K format. Starting with EXCEL 2007, excel recognizes that the file extension does not match the file format and gives this error.

The ONLY fix I am aware of is a change that requires a registry change.

See here at the bottom

Registry Change for Excel 2007 and later

The other fix is to use format XLSX instead of EXL2K

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post