Focal Point
Report Painter help

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8021097331

July 26, 2004, 05:22 PM
<Dan Steiner>
Report Painter help
Hi all.

I'm new to WebFOCUS and I'm having a lot of difficulty creating reports using the painter. I attened the classes IBI gives and it seemed simple enough to use at the time. But, now that I'm trying to create my own reports, I'm lost. It seems getting the report formatted correctly is next to impossible. Some things work only for HTML or PDF (not both). Solutions that support gives me always seems to involve writing code. Has anybody out there had similar problems, or it is just me?
July 26, 2004, 07:36 PM
Jen
Hi Dan. The only time I use Report Painter is when I want to do some fancy report formatting (to generate the code, then I go in and edit as needed), and I've never run into any problems. However, I don't generally use HTML output, just Excel and PDF. Could you give a specific example of something that didn't work the way you expected it to?
July 26, 2004, 07:38 PM
Larry Eiss
Dan,

My name is Larry Eiss and I work in the Product Management group here at Information Builders. There are differences in the capabilities between HTML, PDF, and Excel output types. This can make formatting reports for each challenging.

Could you give me some specific examples of what you have found frustrating? Perhaps I could provide some insights.

Larry