Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Error in inserting rows

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Error in inserting rows
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I want to insert rows using procedure.
I have created the procedure using below mentioned code.

-STARTLOAD
MODIFY FILE PURCHASED_WATER_TMP
FREEFORM PURCHASED_DATE/YYMD
FREEFORM PURCHASED_WATER/P33.4
FREEFORM USER_NAME/A10
FREEFORM GROUP_ID/A10
FREEFORM CREATED_DATE/A50
DATA
2012-02-09,43.56,'user','group',&DATEYYMD &TOD
END
-RUN

I am getting error as

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0: [] Null accessors are not supported by this provider.
(FOC1740) EXECUTE ERROR : PURCHASED_WATER_TMP
0 TRANSACTIONS: TOTAL = 1 ACCEPTED= 1 REJECTED= 0
SEGMENTS: INPUT = 0 UPDATED = 0 DELETED = 0

Please suggest me where I am wrong.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi A.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7702, Windows server 2008

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Null accessors are not supported by this provider.

I don't use MODIFY myself so I cannot really give you any hints about the syntax you're using so I'll assume it is fine.

However, the error message you're getting comes directly from your database (MS SQL) so apparently there is a NOT NULL field in your table you're not sending a value for and the DB is complaining about that.

If you show us what the table structure is plus the contents of its related synonym (masterfile) that will allow us to better spot what may be wrong.

Please don't forget to enclose your code and table structure in "code tags" (check the </> button in the message's toolbar).

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
May want to open the Manual:

-STARTLOAD
MODIFY FILE PURCHASED_WATER_TMP
FREEFORM PURCHASED_DATE/YYMD
FREEFORM PURCHASED_WATER/P33.4
FREEFORM USER_NAME/A10
FREEFORM GROUP_ID/A10
FREEFORM CREATED_DATE/A50
MATCH KEY_COLUMN
ON MATCH UPDATE *
-* OR Unique Columns in the Segment
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE

DATA
2012-02-09,43.56,'user','group',&DATEYYMD &TOD, $
END
-RUN

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
May want to open the Manual

Agreed.

Letting MODIFY finish the code may be easy, but its far better to control how you are going to process the data.

You want to insert data, but what you have may update data as well, as it will check for existing keys. Do you want this to happen ?, should you handle existing keys ?.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi njsden,Tom,Waz

As of now I am working only on inserting data which is working fine.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi A.

Webfocus 7702, Windows server 2008