Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ***CLOSED - OPENED CASE: WF 8008 / IE11 / HTML MULTIPLE TAB ISSUE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
***CLOSED - OPENED CASE: WF 8008 / IE11 / HTML MULTIPLE TAB ISSUE
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Our IS department is starting to push out IE11. I have a dashboard (Html page) created under WF8008. It has several tabs. Tab 1 has numerous selection boxes, a run button, a report and a few pie charts. Subsequent tabs offer more graphs...mostly bar/line charts.

We are noticing under IE11 that the bar charts on tabs 2 - 4 do not correctly render. Labels are jumbled, scroll bars appear sizing is off etc.

Here is what I found:

1) altering the size of the graphs on the html pages changes nothing.

2) Running IE11 in compatibility mode changes nothing.

3) Recreating the graph fex and reinserting it to the html page changes nothing.

4) In rebuilding the html page from scratch, I noticed anything I placed on the initial html page seems to render fine. Any bar charts I add to subsequent tabs...pot luck...usually don't render right.

Thoughts, Comments, Ideas...I am about to open a case....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RobertF,

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do they behave the same way in Chrome or Firfox?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
funny, we do not support CHROME here...but my cubemate said it was working under CHROME..I'd have to double check...

the weird thing is why do html pages with single tabs or no tabs appear to work fine?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Robert, have you tried refreshing the tab that you navigated to? Does it then display properly?

This may not be the issue in your case, but I have found that Active HTML reports do not work properly if they're in a tab that is not the currently visible tab. The AHTML option with the problem is FREEZE-COLUMN - the report does not freeze when it is in a non-currently-visible tab. This occurs in Dev Studio HTML Composer GUI tabs or jQuery manually coded tabs.I think this is related to the WebFOCUS JavaScript library. I opened a case about this in July 2014 when we were on v7.7.05. By August 2014 we had upgraded to v8.0.08 and it got worse - a loading message was shown on the non-currently-visible tab and the report would never load. This was in IE9. It apparently got better in IE10 and IE11 but we were on IE9. By January 2015 it was tested by IBI in App Studio 8008 and 8009 - as issue as Dev Studio or hand-coded. By February 2015 it was determined that it works in v8.0.09 and v8.1.03 (though there is an issue when viewing in the Composer GUI). I had given up waiting for a resolution from IBI - we have no immediate intention of upgrading.

I added JavaScript so that when the tab is changed, I refresh the report in the currently-visible-tab. I also keep track of if the tab has been refreshed, so that it gets refreshed only once after switching between tabs.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I don't follow a lot of this suffice to say there are no reports on the subsequent tabs...just bar/line graphs. This weekend I was playing around and added the exact graph not properly refreshing on tab2 to tab1...it worked fine.

Something odd is occurring on subsequent tabs.

FYI....the tabs all start off empty until the user makes his/her selection and pressed the RUN button. Everything starts to refresh at that point. Tab 1 is always fine. Pot luck on tab2, tab3 etc etc.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry to have posted a confusing comment, though it might still have some relevance.

"The tabs all start off empty until the user makes his/her selection" - does this mean the RUN button and the selection controls are not in the tabbed area?

Each tab has an iframe and it seems like a report or chart (ones that require JavaScript, like AHTML reports or JS Chart) that's loaded into the iframe will not show properly.

Two tests:

Switch to tab2, then right-click and select Refresh. Once the iframe in tab2 is refreshed, it should display properly.

Try making tab2 the default visible tab. It should display properly. You will most likely find that when you switch to tab1, it will not display properly.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
tab 1 has numerous controls for selection. It has a run button. If you were to look at the run button's hyperlink properties, you would see a call to each graph on the dashboard...which happens to be spread amongst several tabs.

So, if were adding a new graph to say tab 3, I'd add the graph to tab3 referencing it's fex. I'd then go to to properties and note that it was Graph16 (for example). I then got to tab 1 and the run button's hyperlink properties and add an entry for graph 16. Hope this helps clear things up.

I did try right running the thing, going to tab2, waited briefly while the graphs finished refreshing, I then right clicked refresh and the screen blanked out and said: NO QUERY INFORMATION TO DECODE.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
BTW, these are tabs WITHIN the html page. Ex: Right Click on the html and Insert tab. Just wanted to clarify.

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
DELTED!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
DELETED!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Each tab has an iframe and it seems like a report or chart (ones that require JavaScript, like AHTML reports or JS Chart) that's loaded into the iframe will not show properly.

ok, something's to note:

1) Frances is definitely onto something. It seems whether I have clicked: Insert New Report, Insert New Graph or Insert Control then: Frame, (and I am unclear the difference between each) there is the option to right click (in the white space) in each graph and then click: Refresh. The trick is finding the magic area of white space that allows the refresh action...its not always easy to find if your graphs are small. Anyway, doing that seems to clean up the graphs.

But....to expect the user to hunt and peck around trying to find the refresh option on a dozen graphs won't fly here.

Is there a button or something I can add to the screen that will refresh them all...or a better overall solution?

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
THAT is the bug I was trying to identify for you!!!

When the report(s) and/or graph(s) are on a tab that are not currently visible, and then you navigate to them, they will not display properly - when they're Active HTML reports or JS Chart graphs.

"to expect the user to hunt and peck around trying to find the refresh option on a dozen graphs" - THIS IS A BUG, so no one should expect the user to have to refresh anything.

[And, it's the iframe the reports/graphs are located in that needs refreshing not the individual reports]

Open a case with Tech Support. It won't do you any good but you reference the case I opened in 2014, 12093573. The problem is theoretically (I never believe it) solved in v8.1.03, but what do we poor people do in the mean time?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
THAT is the bug I was trying to identify for you!!!When the report(s) and/or graph(s) are on a tab that are not currently visible, and then you navigate to them, they will not display properly - when they're Active HTML reports or JS Chart graphs."to expect the user to hunt and peck around trying to find the refresh option on a dozen graphs" - THIS IS A BUG, so no one should expect the user to have to refresh anything. [And, it's the iframe the reports/graphs are located in that needs refreshing not the individual reports]Open a case with Tech Support. It won't do you any good but you reference the case I opened in 2014, 12093573. The problem is theoretically (I never believe it) solved in v8.1.03, but what do we poor people do in the mean time?This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Tue, 23 Feb 2016 07:13:40 GMT-0800', 'February 23, 2016 10:13 AM')+'');February 23, 2016 10:13 AMFebruary 23, 2016 10:13 AMFrancis

ok, all this happened when we went to from IE8 to IE11..was fine before that. I see you are on IE9 I think...which means this has been as issue for some time????

We have already opened a case but I will as this info add this an addendum...Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8206.08
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
I know this post is over a year old, but we are experiencing this same issue and have opened a case but I wanted to see if anyone had a solution or workaround?
We are on 8105M and majority of users have IE11, some are using Chrome and we are experiencing this issue with both browsers.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Cldiaz

Have you tried using compatibility mode with IE11. Not sure what to suggest for Chrome...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I did check compatibility view and that didn't seem to clear the issue. Upon load both tabs display, when selections are made and html run again, the second tab does not display. I also tried adding the reports(charts) to the tabs on refresh to see if that would help and no luck.

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi cldiaz

I suggest you open a case with techsupport to get proper assistance.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In case anyone else has this issue.

Tech support suggested this:
quote:
There is always the IbComposer javascript functions that can be added. See also this Focal Point Topic: Squatch Feb 14 discussion.....
http://forums.informationbuild...287019086#1287019086
"Since the load only happens once, the graphs need to be refreshed when the tab is made active via a mouse click."

Before we tried using the javascript function, we tried one more thing, and that was to change the insert new report type from Chart to Report and then referenced the chart fex in that 'report'. Simply making this change was enough to get this to function for us.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cldiaz,

WebFOCUS 8204
Windows, All Outputs