Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
tough report
 Login/Join

posted
I have a table like
  TPOL

POL_ID              
POL_CSTAT          * STATUS CAN TELL PENDING OR NOT
POL_APP_RECVD_DT   * APPLICATION RECEIVE DT 
POL_UW_DESC_TYPE   * FINAL DECISION TYPE, 
POL_UW_DESC_DT     * DECISION MADE DT

I have a requirement to generate a report like:

Week Ending		Inventory
2-Mar-07		         337
9-Mar-07		         390
16-Mar-07		         369
23-Mar-07		         329
30-Mar-07		         380

The week ending is based on policy applicaction received date.. The formula to get the
previous inventory = current inventory - final action(from previous to current) + received(from previous to current)

The logic to get the report is,

1. Say current date is 16Aug2007, and I need to generate inventory report from 01Mar07 to 30Mar-07.
2. Check POL to get the count of pending policies, say for example is 400.
3. check POL to get the count final action(final underwriting decision made) during 31Mar07 to 16Aug07, say for example is 200.
4. check POL to get the count Received(application received) during 31Mar07 to 16Aug07, say for example is 180.
5. apply formula 400 - 200 + 180 = 380

That how you get 380 in the report. Is it possible to generate in webfocus? Thanks

Regards,

Jacky

Posts: 20 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 13, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If I may, let me ask a question first. We use the same type of report (I work in insurance as well).
Since you have dates of final action, wouldn't it just be easier to count the number of policies that were pending (app received) on or before 01Mar07 that had final action sometime after 30Mar07. This should give you the number that were pending on 30Mar07.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
yes....

but I understand my answer is not very clear.
neither is you question.

It would be helpful to explane a bit more of your database table TPOL
post a bit of the data.

Status can tell pending or not: what values can this be
application receive dt: is this a date field?

etc

you can make querys like

count number of records by POL_CSTAT
by date etc

we need however a bit more info.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hm.. I should consider Darin's suggestion..

here is data sample:
POL_ID = 'J000001'
POL_CSTAT = '1'   * '1' - IN FORCE, 'P' - PENDING
POL_APP_RECVDDT = '07MAR2007'
POL_UW_DESC_TYPE = 'A'  * 'A' - APPROVED, 'P' PENDING, 'R' REJECTED'
POL_UW_DESC_DT = '28MAR2007'

Regards,

Jacky

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That would be total final action after 30Mar07. If the final action were before 30Mar, they would not be pending on 30Mar.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
webfocus has aggregate funtion? say if I have a file like

count

and generate a report like
Aggregate count

?

Regards,

Jacky

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
you can just use a COMPUTE for that functionality:
COMPUTE AGG_COUNT/I9=AGG_COUNT + countfld;

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991