Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Webfocus debuggable settings

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Webfocus debuggable settings
 Login/Join

<ludo>
posted
Hi everybody,

First of all I'm a french custommer of IBI so i apology for my poor english ;-)

I'm trying to set my server under debuggable mode. I launched the install and it told me to set IBI_DBGLIB=ON. Where (i mean in wich file) should i put this settings on ?

Thx

Ludo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
IBI_DBGLIB=ON

There are only two documents in Tech Support that specify the IBI_DBGLIB parameter (this is a case discussing a problem in v5.2.5: http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/92021104.html - you will need a user id to login to IBI Tech Support) - it looks like IBI_DBGLIB must set as a Windows Environment Variable, but be careful because the case suggests removing the environment variable to resolve a problem with the server starting up. This information is really old - from 2004.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<ludo>
posted
Thx Francis but before posting i've already check on the tech support and it mention a file that shouldn't be change so before to modify it i want to be sure of what an dwhere i have to put this change

Ludo

Report This Post
<ludo>
posted
Ok the IBI support answered me . The IBI_DBGLIB is a WIN Environnement variable.
So we have to set it under windows environnement variables.

Perharps it could help someone else

Ludo

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
it looks like IBI_DBGLIB must set as a Windows Environment Variable

- what I already said!

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<ludo>
posted
Oups huge sorry Francis I'haven't read the last phrase of your post.

Roll Eyes

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this was way back in 2007, but the link to the tech doc http://techsupport.information...om/sps/92021104.html is now invalid. A search for IBI_DBGLIB on informationbuilders.com turns up ONLY this conversation.

Any new info?

WF 7.6.8
Reporting Server on OpenVMS

Posts: 5 | Location: New brunswick, NJ | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Server Administration for UNIX, Windows, OpenVMS, IBM i, and z/OS > Troubleshooting > Gathering Diagnostic Information for Customer Support Services - 7.7.05

quote:
In the case of an abend (core dump), Information Builders may ask that debuggables be installed (as described in the software installation manual) and that the repro/savediag steps be repeated with IBI_DBGLIB=ON to gather more detailed information. Do not install debuggables or perform these steps unless requested by Information Builders.

Perhaps you can tell us why you think you need this...

Francis

posted Hide Post
Hi Francis. Thanks for the follow-up. I tried Google searching the site:informationbuilders.com and got almost no information. The link you sent me is very helpful.

I am in the midst of debugging a problem with IBI system programmers (they are great!), and was asked to set IBI_DBGLIB=ON. I'm not big on setting parameters without understanding what they are for and what options they come with.

Now I know!

Thanks again.

Ken

WF 7.6.8
Reporting Server on OpenVMS

Posts: 5 | Location: New brunswick, NJ | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post