Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Report Output
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Two problems. I am using DS 764

1. Is there a way to move the TOTAL label on a report to the right hand side of the page when using ON TABLE COLUMN-TOTOAL OR SUBTOTAL?

2. Is there a way to output report on same webpage but not in a frame. I have a simple filter screen that allows the user to make two selections and click submit to see the report. I had it set to window _blank to open in new window, well they wanted it to open in same window so I changed it to window _top. This still did not meet their needs. They wanted it to open under the selection boxes so I change it to Frame, called it frame1 and positioned the frame accordingly. They were ok with that but they really don't want to see the frame around the report, they just want the report to open below the selection boxes. Clear as mud? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JV

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
JV

Just change the CSS for the frame to remove the border.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to do that, this frame is loaded by Clicking the Frame icon in Dev Studio when building HTML screen and that is coded in the HTML. RIght?

JV

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Click the frame, on the right is the Properties Box - click on Frame Border, select No - Done...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, that worked! I saw that option there but it was blank and I guess I assumed it was off.

Thanks again.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hav you considered "ON TABLE HOLD AS REPORT1 FORMAT HTMTABLE" and embed REPORT1 in the -HTMLFORM BEGIN / END code?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
use a frameset
its so clean and easy this way
the top frame is the launch page
the bottom frame is the output area.
Research 'frameset' and if you need help, holler back.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the feedback. I have updated all the reports and set frame border OFF as per Tom. I sent the user an email to test them out.

Thanks again.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs