Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Scheduling a TABLE HOLD FORMAT FOCUS Report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Scheduling a TABLE HOLD FORMAT FOCUS Report
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a report that writes to a hold file with the format of FOCUS (ON TABLE HOLD AS 'filename' FORMAT FOCUS). this creates a .mas and a .acx file. My intentions are to create a data set to be used by a report that is launched from a website, and I want the report to run quickly. So I created this report that I can schedule in report caster, and then I wrote a report that uses this hold file as the source. The issue is that when I schedule the report with the TABLE HOLD FORMAT FOCUS, it doesn't return a report, and therefore the reportcaster job log returns an error. However, the job worked! The job ran the report, created the hold file, and populated the hold file. But because there was no report to distribute, I got an error message (a false negative, essentially). Is there something that can be done about this? I'd prefer to only get an error message if the job actually failed. If there is a better way to go about this altogether, I'd be willing to hear that as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Matson,

WebFOCUS 8007

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Of course, as soon as I seek help I figure out a solution. For those wondering here's what I did.

My RC Job has the distribution method of Email, which allows me to schedule multiple tasks for the same RC Job. So far, 2 of my tasks are the hold files that were returning the false negative because they didn't actually return a report. So my solution was to include one of the front end reports that uses these hold files as my final task. Now when the job runs, it actuallys gets to send out a report and it returns a success.

WebFOCUS 8007

Master
posted Hide Post
Scott:

If you lick the notification tab in the ReportCaster job dialogue, you can change "Notification will be sent out" to "Never" which will suppress the error messages when there is no report involved.

However, what I do with a couple of datamarts that I rebuild each night is run a report that tells me how many records have been processed - in my case the number of sales orders and associated products. Just so I know things are working well, I have a second FOCUS database where I store this information.

Because orders are being constantly added to the main databases and therefore the datamart I can quickly look and see if the number of orders and products processed is increasing on a daily basis - as they should.

** You could lick the notification tab, I guess, but CLICKing it might get a better response - sorry for the typo!

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post