Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Area chart issue

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Area chart issue
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I created an area chart that does not render properly in the browser, IE 11 or Chrome 43. The chart is intended to show a cumulative dollar amount by year and month for four years. The area for the first year appears normal but the other years show part of the chart area sticking upward as shown in the image I tried to provide below. This occurs when using the JSCHART format with LOOKGRAPH set to VAREA (code is listed below). If I change LOOKGRAPH to HAREA this issue does not occur. If I change the output format to HTML and leave LOOKGRAPH to VAREA it renders properly. I'm trying to determine why the code below does not render properly with LOOKGRAPH set to VAREA and the output format set to JSCHART.

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
GRAPH FILE TBL_FACTVIEW
-* Created by Info Assist for Graph
SUM
COMPUTE RUN_TOT/P20=LAST RUN_TOT + SELL;
BY TBL_FACTVIEW.TBL_FACTVIEW.S_SALES_YEAR NOPRINT
BY TBL_FACTVIEW.TBL_FACTVIEW.S_SALES_YEAR
BY TBL_FACTVIEW.TBL_FACTVIEW.S_SALES_MONTH
WHERE TBL_FACTVIEW.TBL_FACTVIEW.S_SALES_YEAR GE 2012;
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRWIDTH 1
ON GRAPH SET HAXIS 550.0
ON GRAPH SET VAXIS 550.0
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 1
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 2
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VAREA
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0); 
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false); 
setPlace(true); 
*END
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS Report', $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setUseSeriesShapes(true);
setMarkerSizeDefault(50); 
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setTextString(getO1Title(),"Year");
setDisplay(getO1Title(),true);
setLegendPosition(1);
setAxisSide(getO1Axis(),0);
setDisplay(getY1Title(),true);
setScaleMinAuto(getY1Axis(),true);
setScaleMustIncludeZero(getY1Axis(),true);
setSeriesType(5,3);
setSeriesType(7,3);
setConnectLineMarkers(false);
setTextString(getY1Title(),"");
setSmoothLines(false);
*END
ENDSTYLE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8202, 8203, Windows 2012 R2
SQL Server 2016, App Studio 8202, 8203

Posts: 17 | Location: Jericho, NY | Registered: February 18, 2014Report This Post
<nick z>
posted
Hi,
Unfortunately you hit a bug in WF800x release.
The Missing values are not being renedered correctly in Vertical Area Charts in JSCHART format.
The good news it is already fixed in 8103 and above. Do you have any plans of upgrading?
If not, please open a case with Customer Support.
Thank you.
Nick.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Nick.
Yes, I believe we will be upgrading in the near future.

Posts: 17 | Location: Jericho, NY | Registered: February 18, 2014Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Did you try the change the below line on the code?
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON

Try to add setFillMissingData(2) and see whether that works for you.

Windows, All Formats

Posts: 184 | Registered: December 27, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Also MCarey,

JSCharting utilizes a HTML5 Charting library created by moonbeam. There is a HTML 5 Charts document in the Technical Library that provides a number of JS commands to control the HTML 5. I would consider pulling this down and using those commands instead of the WF API commands to control your Area Graph.

Also the 8.1.03 version of the documentation is much better then the 8.0.08 version. And since its actually a third part library, all of the documentation in their works in 8.0.08. At least everything I've tried so far.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
WFDevConsultant,

I tried both modifications but still see the issue.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
eric.woerle,

I'll take a look at that document. Thanks for the advice.