Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Unable to access reports using a copy of the files created in dev studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Unable to access reports using a copy of the files created in dev studio
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have legacy reports created using dev studio, but we have now moved to 8204 version. I have created a copy of my folder under domains, so my path now changes from "IBFS:/WFC/Repository/abc" to "IBFS:/WFC/Repository/abc_new".

Now if I change the value of IBIMR_domain="abc/abc.htm" to IBIMR_domain="abc_2/abc_2.htm" in my htmls, it doesn't render and throws error("Webfocus was called with an invalid request").

Is there some other way to make the htmls from the new folder to refer to files from within the new folder?

Note: We don't have dev studio license anymore

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kartik Katyal,

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just that you sample the case and haven't pay attention to sample code used, but why are you pointing to abc_2 when it's now abc_new ?

And why did you changed the htm name to abc_2.htm ? The folder path name may have changed after migration but not the file name...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Those old file references are not part of WebFOCUS 8 syntax. However, there is a migration utility that allowed the references that existed at the time of migration (from a WebFOCUS 7 release I assume) to continue working in WebFOCUS 8. They're called handles. They are documented here: Handles
But there isn't any provision to create new handles.
You might get the error to go away by coding the new file reference with WebFOCUS 8 syntax, but there may be many other things that would need to be changed. You probably should not be changing the html code in the editor -- would be best just to leave the old stuff alone until it is rewritten.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kartik Katyal:
Hi,

I have legacy reports created using dev studio, but we have now moved to 8204 version. I have created a copy of my folder under domains, so my path now changes from "IBFS:/WFC/Repository/abc" to "IBFS:/WFC/Repository/abc_new".

Now if I change the value of IBIMR_domain="abc/abc.htm" to IBIMR_domain="abc_new/abc_new.htm" in my htmls, it doesn't render and throws error("Webfocus was called with an invalid request").

Is there some other way to make the htmls from the new folder to refer to files from within the new folder?

Note: We don't have dev studio license anymore

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
My bad Martin.It's supposed to be abc_new.
Actually our backend is being migrated to sql from DB2.We want to run the reports in parallel for users to do UAT.
Which is why I am trying to create a copy of the reports.

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hello,

based on the post thread you migrated from release 7 to release 8, or at least you did in the past.

Release 7 was a physical folder based. Release 8 is a SQL repository based.

When you migrated from release 7 to 8, a cross reference file was made so it could relate the old filenames to the new SQL based file names. They were called 'handles'.

With handles, you cannot make copies, because you a lose reference to the original handle, a new one is made. You CAN cut and paste, to keep the handle reference.

So, if you still have the original files, in the original locations in the domain tree, you can CUT / PASTE them to a new location.

If you have copy / pasted your files, and deleted the original folder, you lose.

If you need what you have done to them work, then you can look up some of the new syntax that is generated. Do you have App Studio, can you make a new htmlform, and review the syntax genereated? Study that, and work on a copy, you can get them to work, but it's manual and confusing until you find the exact syntax to use.

You also could open a support case and ask them to identify exactly what you have to do.

Or, you can try to figure it out this way. Here is a skeleton URL you can modify. Login to WF, so you have a session id, then in another tab, work with a URL like this till it works. That will give you the pattern you need to call a htm or fex file.

http://server:8080/ibi_apps/WF...FC/Repository/folder name/ /fex_name&CLICKED_ON=&

You are probably getting a invalid request because your missing one of the variables above.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format

Posts: 70 | Location: reading, pa | Registered: April 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jnc:
Hello,

based on the post thread you migrated from release 7 to release 8, or at least you did in the past.

Release 7 was a physical folder based. Release 8 is a SQL repository based.

When you migrated from release 7 to 8, a cross reference file was made so it could relate the old filenames to the new SQL based file names. They were called 'handles'.

With handles, you cannot make copies, because you a lose reference to the original handle, a new one is made. You CAN cut and paste, to keep the handle reference.

So, if you still have the original files, in the original locations in the domain tree, you can CUT / PASTE them to a new location.

If you have copy / pasted your files, and deleted the original folder, you lose.

If you need what you have done to them work, then you can look up some of the new syntax that is generated. Do you have App Studio, can you make a new htmlform, and review the syntax genereated? Study that, and work on a copy, you can get them to work, but it's manual and confusing until you find the exact syntax to use.

You also could open a support case and ask them to identify exactly what you have to do.

Or, you can try to figure it out this way. Here is a skeleton URL you can modify. Login to WF, so you have a session id, then in another tab, work with a URL like this till it works. That will give you the pattern you need to call a htm or fex file.

http :// server :8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIAPP_app=&IBIMR_drill=IBFS,RUNFEX,IBIF_ex,true&IBIF_ex=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/ folder name /
fex_name &CLICKED_ON=&
You are probably getting a invalid request because your missing one of the variables above.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format

Posts: 70 | Location: reading, pa | Registered: April 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for your input. I understand the problem better now and will explore what other options we have to continue testing.

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows