Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] InfoAssist Freeze / Unfreeze (Table?)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] InfoAssist Freeze / Unfreeze (Table?)
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Is there an issue with Unfreezing a report after freezing it in InfoAssist+?

Case in point: I created a report in IA+ and, accidentally, clicked the 'Freeze' button. Now, I can't unfreeze it using the 'Freeze' button. Shouldn't the 'Freeze' button be a toggle (HFREEZE=ON/OFF), similar to the 'Accordion' button (ON TABLE SET EXPANDBYROW ON/OFF)?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Click the Table button to unfreeze.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks a Gig, or two, BabakNYC...
Just know the buttons. I think, imho, it show be a toggle... But, that may be just me. Anyone else think like that?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just know the buttons. I think, imho, it show be a toggle... But, that may be just me. Anyone else think like that?

Took me a while to figure it out the way that freeze/unfreeze works.
And even if I know it, it would probably search and search if I have to do it again... not intuitive button imho.

BTW, it's the same in AS.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Quote:
not intuitive button imho.... BTW, it's the same in AS.[/QUOTE] Big Grin Wink
I guess I just never needed to thaw it out before...

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Fellas:
The reason for the way these buttons are set up is that they are mutually exclusive of each other. You either have a straight table, TOC, FREEZE or on Demand. Each button turns the other 3 off.

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
they are mutually exclusive of each other.
I need to ponder that for a while, as to why that is... Can't you 'freeze' a 'table'?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
So basically, each button other than Table adds a piece of FOCUS syntax to the report. Table is the most generic and doesn't change display behavior at all. The other 3 add lines to the request that cause the code to do something very specific like a table of contents or freeze or on demand. It seems these 3 don't play well if they're all present in the code.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation.
Quote: It seems these 3 don't play well if they're all present in the code.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is 'BORDER' mutually exclusive to 'Accordion'?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure. Border is in the Style part of the request. But I rarely use Accordion so I can't tell you how that works.

Expert
posted Hide Post
I know this is a tangent from the original post... But...
OK, I can live without borders in the accordion report. But, where do I selectively add borders in a regular report?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you're talking InfoAssist, it doesn't give you Border as an option under format the way Application Studio does. I usually give the users a style sheet that has the borders and they can apply that sty to the report that should have borders.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks, That's my next step...