Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SOLVED : COMPOUND REPORTS (HOLD : Excel, Pdf)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SOLVED : COMPOUND REPORTS (HOLD : Excel, Pdf)
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Bonjour,
I certainly made a mistake with my previous message : I can't see the answers (Sorry GamB).
So, could someone Run the following fex, Catch the output file EX1 and send it to me as a .txt so that I can compare with my own EX1 baillecl@e-i.com

Could the WebMaster destroy my previous message that this one duplicates

Cordially

*** Previous Message ***

Bonjour,
I get into Focus/MVS : version FOCUS 7.6.11 and try to build Compound Reports (I could not reach FORMAT EXL2K OPEN/CLOSE with Prior Focus Versions)
I certainly miss a point because the Hold file that Focus creates does not work with Excel 2007. ( Impossible de lire le fichier)

This Good Old Focus creates me, exactly what I want ( A single File with two Sheets)
But there must be something wrong somewhere ( perhaps in the transcoding EBCDIC -> ASCII)

Thanks for Help
Focusely and Cordially

The Focus Fex is taken out of documentation :

SET PAGE-NUM=OFF
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"Sales Report"
" "
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
type=report, titletext='Sales Rpt', $
type=heading, size=18, $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE HOLD AS EX1 FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
END
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"Inventory Report"
" "
SUM RC
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
type=report, titletext='Inv. Rpt', $
type=heading, size=18, $
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT EXL2K CLOSE
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Baillecl,

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't see the answers

That is because, when posting code, you should put it between the code tags, the red < / >icon while entering comments.
Which by the way was my answer.

Anyway, I ran your code, captured the file - which turned out to become ex1.xht. And excel 2003 could read it without any problem. I'll send you my ex1 file.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Bonjour,
The file sent by GamP was accepted by my Excel (after a few mistakes on my side).
So I could compare both Files. The Problem comes of an Ebcdic X'15' that turns into an Ascii X'20' on my site. In Gamp's File, at this place, I could see Ascii X'0A'. So, after changing 0D 0A 20 into 0D 0D 0A in a few lines, my file was accepted by Excel ...
My problem is thus specific, I'll see what can be done and thank you all (GamP in the 1st place)
Focusely and not knowing how to classify as Solved

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
not knowing how to classify as Solved

Go to the first post in this thread and edit it. You'll then have the possibility to change the description.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post