Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Compound Reports in Report Caster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Compound Reports in Report Caster
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Can compound reports be run in report caster, or do you have to split them up.

Dan

IBM Main Frame: MVS, FIX, VSAM

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can compound reports be run in report caster, or do you have to split them up.

I've done both excel and PDF, PDF comes through as one report, excel comes through as separate spreadsheets in my version of the WebFOCUS world

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
According to the manual that must be possible and I have seen this last year during a hands-on training, but I did not manage to get this working in my company, but that is maybe caused by the complexity of the total report and the graphs I want to add.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We have quite a few compound reports, both PDF and Excel, that are scheduled through ReportCaster. Excel can come through as separate spreadsheets or as one, depending on how you code it.

7.6.11 on Win 2003/IIS 6/Apache Tomcat 5.5 - MRE, ReportCaster
Reporting Server z/OS 1.11, PDS Unified
Excel, PDF, HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I was wondering because before I send them to our report caster admin, I have to split up my reports out of one procedure and make three. Also we have just been testing them and the format they are coming out in is Excel. Once they are tested I want them in PDF anyway. If there was a way, I was going to pass that info along to our admin.

Dan

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I have compound PDF reports Scheduled in ReportCaster.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Is there any specific setting that might be causing report caster to not run coumpound reports. Also as a side note it seems that if I have multiple hold files it will only run the first one and say it has not output for me. This is very simular to the coumpound report problem.

Dan

WF 7.1.1

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Are you coding your Compound report like this?

1st Report:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF OPEN NOBREAK

Second report:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF CLOSE

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
No I am using the Set Command Before each report. The first two are

SET COMPOUND = OPEN

THen Right before the last

SET COMPOUND = CLOSE

Like I say it is working when I run from my workstation but not we when they run it in report caster.

Windows SQL

WF 7.7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try it this other way...and see if it works.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I have found RC to be 'iffy' at times with compound reports, however the suggestion that Prairie makes is the one that I would take.

Mind you, that is providing that you have all three reports running in the one agent session - which it would seem (due to your comment above) that you are not.
quote:
I have to split up my reports out of one procedure and make three
If this is the situation that you find yourself in - three procedures instead of one - then your attempts at compounding will never work until you make them one procedure.

The three procs may use the same agent, but they will be run individually. To compound you will need to get them to run within the same agent session, and the only way to do that is to have all three in one procedure.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
ALL our reports run via report caster are Compound reports, regardless of report output type (we support PDF, Excel and HTML). PDF and Excel create compound reports using the syntax mentioned by Prairie. For HTML output, we create 2 hold files with format HTMTABLE and then create one PCHOLD with both HTMTABLE hold files using the following syntax
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.REPORT1;
!IBI.FIL.REPORT2;
-HTMLFORM END
This gives us similar functionality as compound reports in HTML.

Diptesh
WF 7.1.7 - AIX, MVS

Posts: 79 | Location: Warren, NJ, USA | Registered: October 25, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I think this will help,

Thanks

Dan

Windows SQL

WF 7.7