Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] NODATA is not working in ACTIVE REPORT (AHTML) output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] NODATA is not working in ACTIVE REPORT (AHTML) output
 Login/Join

posted
I have a report that can be produced as either a PDF or an Active Report.

Sometimes..... missing data shows up as blank, sometimes it is showing up as 'undefined' in the active report.

I have a SET NODATA=' ' at the beginning of the focexec. When the output is PDF is works ok. One of the users runs the report and she is getting the blanks. Another user runs it an he and I are getting the "undefined" in the fields where the data is missing.

It appears that it might be data related but I can't see why an error of some sort wouldn't be thrown if there was "bad" data. Most of the fields are DATE type fields. The db is sql server. I have missing=on in the masters.

We are running webfocus 7.610 in windows environment.

Any ideas? I;ve tried to replicate with the CAR file but was not successful.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.2.4 Windows
Mainframe
Oracle/DB2/SQL Server
App Studio
Tomcat/Servlet

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Karen,

I checked with our internals and was suggested that, please open a case with tech support so we can investigate what is happening. We really would need to look at the masters, procedures and data in order to figure out what is happening. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, we had the same error occuring in and found that there was a computed field in the table request. We found that due to the selection criteria the computed field would sometimes have issues which then caused it to appeared as "undefined" in the report.

We moved the field to a define field and then just printed it in the table request and the issue went away. In our previous release it was letting the bad compute slide and putting blanks in.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to solve my problem by removing a BY field. In the TABLE file request that went to Active Report I had 2 sort fields. I took off one of them and then everything displayed with the blanks for the missing data and the "undefined" went away. I am not sure why this worked.....

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure that this won't be the last time I have this sort of issue Smiler

WF 8.2.4 Windows
Mainframe
Oracle/DB2/SQL Server
App Studio
Tomcat/Servlet