Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to submit report deferred from MRE parameter launch page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to submit report deferred from MRE parameter launch page
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have an MRE-based report that I want to launch from a parameter launch page.

I have the [Run Only As Deferred] box checked for the report.

I want the report to be submitted as deferred report when the Submit button is pressed. The user would see the deferred report confirmation page next.

What happens now is that another page comes up and notifies the user that this report can only be submitted for deferred execution and displays a Defer button which the user must press to finally get the deferred report has been submitted confirmation page.

I'm thinking there's hidden form fields that must be present in the parameter launch page that cause the report to be submitted for deferred execution directly.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Local: AppStudio 8.2.03 - Win7 - Tomcat Server: WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise on VMWare 2 CPU, 3.2GHz, 4GB of RAM Output Formats: HTML, Excel, PDF, PPT, Active Reports

Posts: 38 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: March 16, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
the parameter name is IBIMR_defer
Set the value to "Defer" to run in deferred mode

Posts: 38 | Location: India | Registered: May 18, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'll try that and report back here. Thanks!

Local: AppStudio 8.2.03 - Win7 - Tomcat Server: WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise on VMWare 2 CPU, 3.2GHz, 4GB of RAM Output Formats: HTML, Excel, PDF, PPT, Active Reports

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you paste this line of code into your launch page, the defer button is added.

<input type='submit' NAME='IBIMR_defer' VALUE='Defer'>

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server

Gold member
posted Hide Post
This is a repeat of a post I replied to titled "Resource Layout", but I wanted to close the loop on this thread. Here's the technique I ended up implementing to enable users to run a report deferred or in the foreground by using a dropdown box:

We have a JavaScipt function workaround that was provided by IBI in response to a case that was opened up requesting a way to submit an MRE-based report directly to the deferred report queue from a parameter launch page.

The JavaScript function workaround dynamically adds the IBIMR_defer = "Defer" to the form before it is submitted to the server, which causes the report to run deferred.

IBI's version of the JavaScript function required a submit button with the Unique Name property value of "Defer".

I modified the JavaScript function to use values returned from a dropdown box instead of a submit button. So now the user has the option to run a parameter report deferred just by selecting the deferred option from a dropdown box.

The updated JavaScript function is:

var x=document.getElementsByName("cmbforegroundbackground")
   if (x.length > 0)
   {
      var x=document.getElementById("cmbforegroundbackground")
      if (x.selectedIndex == 1)
         appendInput(form, "IBIMR_defer", "Defer");
   }

This code is inserted at the end of the GenerateRequest2 function in the ibirls2.js JavaScript file located in the:

\ibi\WebFOCUS71\ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\js folder

The Unique Name property value of the dropdown box in this example needs to be The Unique Name property value of the dropdown box in this example needs to be cmbforegroundbackground..

This workaround function is placed at the end of the function before the return form; statement.

This is one of those things that warrants the caveat "proceed at your own risk!", since the ibirls2.js file is an internal-use file. Also, you would need to make sure this additional JavaScript function was added to each new version when upgrading WF.

We are running 7.1.4 and this works fine, but I'm not sure if any updates have been made to the ibirls2.js file in later versions. If any updates were made to the ibirls2.js file in later versions, those updates may or may not have an effect on this workaround.

I was told when I opened up the case that this was submitted by the by CSS as a new feature request, so this workaround may not be required in future versions.

Dennis