Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to send report to Blackberry and it's readable?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to send report to Blackberry and it's readable?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi all.

I've seen a topic about a PDA sync feature that isn't supported anymore but it didn't really helped me.

I'm sending a report via Report Caster to a Blackberry but it looks like crap. I've tried HTML, PDF, EXL2K and none are really readable. It looks like the Blackberry removes all spaces, tabs or grids, making the file hard to read. Is there a way to run a report in Caster and have it sent to Blackberry in a format that will keep the formatting?

Is it possible to find a Blackberry emulator so I can test the results on my PC?

Thanks.

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
There is a blackberry emulator available at http://www.blackberry.com/developers/na/java/tools/index.shtml

Also, have you tried a simple alpha report? It sounds silly but may do the trick.

If there is a way to send it with mime types it may helpout though I'm not familiar with that in webfocus.

If you send it as an html email does the email client treat it correctly?

Just a few suggestions.

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Finally, the best way was HTML output sent as inline message in the email (this is an option in Caster). All attached reports didn't work properly.

The only downside is that you can't have more than one report in the same fex because only the first report is showing up in the inline message.

I had 9 different reports but changed the way I was doing it to finally get everything in the same report and make sure no lines are more than 32 characters wide.

p.s. I've tried the emulator but it's just for people developping apps for blackberry, you can't just open a file from the emulator to see the resulting output, it's no use for me.

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you got the issue working... one more thing. If you need to put several reports together you can use the Technical Documentation Library and look for "Creating a Compound Report"

That should help Smiler

Posts: 77 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post