Focal Point
Add Logoff link to Dashboard when no Banner

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8131028331

January 03, 2005, 04:50 PM
Jplys
Add Logoff link to Dashboard when no Banner
I have a user who does not want to see the banner in a a dashboard (we have unchecked it) but this does not make the Logoff appear and so they never properly logoff. Does anyone know a way to create the logoff from dashboard as a link - say on a toolbar maybe.
January 04, 2005, 01:45 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
It doesn't appear to be that easy to code a Logoff hyperlink - there is a Session ID buried in the URL - something like this:

http://localhost/ibi_apps/Controller;jsessionid=MPTkabf...8728477723901234510&

What I would suggest is using the banner but only put the Logoff link and other links that are in your toolbar.
January 04, 2005, 01:51 PM
<WFUser>
What I would do is edit the banner.html and make it simple. Maybe just a white back color. Then specify the bannerHeight in the profile.prf in the public or group view so that it's small enough for just the links.
January 05, 2005, 01:59 PM
Jplys
Thanks - these are both great ideas. Yeah - I looked at the link and it scared me because of the session id - looked random. I'll let you know what i get working.
January 11, 2005, 07:14 PM
Jplys
I cut down the Banner.html to remove all the table rows except for the one with the links and the changed the BannerHeight in the Profile.prf file. Initially this did not seem to work, but then I went back into the Dashboard builder and previewed it - and voila! A save from there and it was done - there are just two small strips in the dashboard and most of the space below is preserved for content.

Thanks Again!!
January 11, 2005, 07:34 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
FYI - your changes initially did not work because when you select a "Look" for a View, the Viewbuilder copies the files into another directory (e.g. aa_bgv). The changes to the Look have to be reapplied using Viewbuilder - which is what you've found out.

Cheers.