Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dashboard - Loggoff option with out the user of Banner .. Is it possible ?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dashboard - Loggoff option with out the user of Banner .. Is it possible ?
 Login/Join

<Karthick>
posted
Hi...
i dono how to logoff from the dashboard when the banner is not applied ...
Could anyone give the suggestion for this ... My case is like without the use of Banner in the webpage layout. So, am not able to logoff from the dashboard now ..
Plese give your suggestions as soon as possible

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
K.,

This is what i found on techsupport :

How to logoff Dashboard without the Banner Links?
Solution:
If you are planning to remove the banner link and want to create a button to
logoff this is the request the logoff calls:

/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_LOGOFF&

Now as far as closing browser window, this depends on how the window was
opened.
1) If the window is a popup (launched from a parent window using window.open(
) method, then you should probably call the Logoff URL. Then you can call
window.close()

2) If the window is the main window, you should also call the Logoff URL but
be careful when calling window.close() because the browser will alert you
if you really wanna close the window (this is how it works in IE/FF, etc.)

or

You can edit the banner.html file located under the worp_html directory for
the view you wish to modify and make it simple. Set the background color to
white and then specify the bannerHeight in the profile.prf file for the Logoff
link. If you decide to modify this you will need to go back to the Viewbuilder
/Edit Content /Look and preview the changes for the new template.

Hope it helps,

Peter

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
<Karthick>
posted
Hi pete,

i have gone through the banner.html and profile.prf files .. But i don't find an option to make changes for the background color ..

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
K.,

Have you checked in the banner.css

P.

I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

<Karthick>
posted
Hi Pete,
Yes .. i found in banner.css

am trying with worp1... i find three background colors ... background 1 with "#AACCFF"(Blue) and backgroung2 with "#666666" and background3 with "000000" (Black) .. Since i need the logoff option without the use of banners .. Do i need to choice the background2 option to make it white color ? and i find bannerHeight = 105 in profile.prf.. wat value can be changed..

And i would like to know, How the logoff option can be got when we do these changes.. Could you please explain me the concept behind this...

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
K.,

1. you can minimize de height of the banner and gave it a white background , just large enough to display the logoff link

OR

you can create a button on your reports

that

calls

http://servername/ibi_apps/Controller?WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_LOGOFF&

that being the url to logoff from the dashboard without using the logoff link

P.

-Jim Morrison-

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In the same vein, has anyone figured out how to cause the logoff if the user simply closes the browser? I'm not a big fan of having to retrain a user to press "logoff" when they're done using an application -- and we're consistently seeing them just hit the 'x' on the browser when they're done. Not really a huge problem -- but it does leave them logged in according to viewbuilder and you can't change their default views, etc.

We're getting by -- but would be a nice solution if anyone has it.

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
<TSR123>
posted
If you have users that 'X' out of the browser. You can apply the jsp that will bypass having to login to the dashboard next time you go back in. You can review more information under the following URL:
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_dia_107.html

Regards,
Mon

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we've actually got that applied already -- but that really only helps when the user logs in the NEXT time. It simply bypasses the message they get that they're already logged in by resetting their prior session. (More of a workaround IMO).

What would really solve the problem is to automatically close the session regardless of if they hit 'x' or "Logoff".

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can detect the closing of a web browser window with the JavaScript onUnload Event Handler. Take a look at this for starters:

http://www.codetoad.com/javascript/miscellaneous/onunload_event.asp

There's also the onbeforeunload Event Handler.

Here's an example HTML page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<BODY onUnload="alert('closing');">
test unload
</BODY>
</HTML>

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post