Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Help!
 Login/Join

posted
I am soooo struggling with this product and being a newbie. I am trying to pass multiple params from one fex to a drill down fex. When executing the first fex I prompt for parameters but these are not what I need to pass to the next fex. The first fex report displays fine but when I click the drill down field, I am prompted for the first of three parms that I'm trying to pass to the drill down fex. I have followed the documentation examples but to no avail. Please help!

Brenda
WebFocus/Report Painter 7.6.4
Linux/MVS DB2

Posts: 10 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can you post the code please.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking.

You are being prompted for one of the three parameters? You won't be prompted for a parameter on a drill down unless you are not providing a parameter. You have to provide a value for all the amper-variables in your drill down report, or you will be prompted for a value.

You can turn off prompting all together for your drill down fex by just right clicking on the fex, going to properties and unchecking the 'prompt for parameters' checkbox.

I really hope this helps.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

posted Hide Post
Yes Jason - I am being prompted for the first of three that I'm passing. I use the GUI tool and right click the field I want to drill down on, add the three parameters using the field values radio button and selecting the fields from the file. Then in the drill down, I create the Where for each of the three parameters where field eq '¶meter name'. I have no idea why I'm being prompted when trying to execute the drill down procedure. I hope that makes it more clear - and thanks for your quick response!

Brenda
Linux/MVS DB2

Posts: 10 | Location: Plano, Texas | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Breanda,

This might help you. You can put more than 1 parameter on your case.

on main fex

-DEFAULT &MYCOUNTRY = 'JAPAN';
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
     'CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY'
     'CAR.COMP.CAR'
     'CAR.CARREC.MODEL'
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&MYCOUNTRY';
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     GRID=OFF,
     FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
     SIZE=10,
$
TYPE=DATA,
     COLUMN=N1,
     TARGET='_blank',
     FOCEXEC=app/drill_down1(MYCOUNTRY=N1),
$
TYPE=TITLE,
     COLUMN=N1,
     TARGET='_blank',
     FOCEXEC=app/drill_down1(MYCOUNTRY=N1),
$
ENDSTYLE
END

This will call drill down fex drill_down1

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&MYCOUNTRY';
END

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
brenda, could you go into developer studio, find the fex that's you're building the drill down in, right click, hit "edit in text editor" and cut and paste that here for us?

Also, if you could do the same thing for your 'receiving' fex (the one you drill into) we may be better to help you.

There's nothing confidential in most .fex's (or applications, or programs, whatever you want to call it) just program code that shows a programmer what it's doing.

Thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Master
posted Hide Post
It takes a little while to get to where you know what FOCUS code is or how it works. Now I rarely use the GUI.

posted Hide Post
Here you go! Thanks so much for trying to help me out with this.

-* File referralsnew.fex
JOIN CLEAR J1
JOIN
DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.STORE IN DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS
TO MULTIPLE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.STORE IN DALA_CDEC_STORE AS J0
END
DEFINE FILE DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS
#KEPTREFERRALS/I5=IF APPT_KEPT_IND EQ 'Y' THEN + 1 ELSE 0;
#SOLDREFERRALS/I5=IF APPT_SOLD_IND EQ 'Y' THEN + 1 ELSE 0;
END
TABLE FILE DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS
SUM
'DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.#KEPTREFERRALS' AS 'Kept Ref'
'DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.#SOLDREFERRALS' AS 'Sold Ref'
'DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.TOTAL_RTL' AS 'Total Retail'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION' AS 'Region'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.DISTRICT' AS 'District'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.STORE' AS 'Referral,Store'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.FISCAL_YEAR'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.DALA_CDEC_REFERRALS.WEEK_OF_YEAR'

ON DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION SUBTOTAL AS '*TOTAL JCP_REGION'
ON DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION SUBTOTAL AS '*TOTAL JCP_REGION'

ON DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.DISTRICT SUBTOTAL AS '*TOTAL'
HEADING
" "
"&DATEtrMDYY "
"JCPENNEY CUSTOM DECORATING"
" ASSOCIATE REFERRAL REPORT"
"FROM"
WHERE JCP_REGION EQ ®ION.(OR(<1,1>,<2,2>,<3,3>,<4,4>,<5,5>,<8,8>)).Please Select Region(s).;
WHERE FISCAL_YEAR EQ &FISCAL_YEAR.(OR(<2006,2006>,<2007,2007>)).Please Enter Fiscal Year(s).;
WHERE ( WEEK_OF_YEAR GE &BeginningWeek.(FROM 1 TO 53).Please Enter Beginning Fiscal Week:. ) AND ( WEEK_OF_YEAR LE &EndWeek.(FROM 1 TO 53).Please Enter Fiscal Ending Week:. );
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE AS 'TOTAL'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
LEFTMARGIN=0.000000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.000000,
TOPMARGIN=0.000000,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.000000,
SQUEEZE=OFF,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N3,
FOCEXEC=reftest.fex(REG=N1 DISTR=N1 STORE=N1),

Here's the drill down:

-* File REFTEST.fex
TABLE FILE DALA_CDEC_STORE
PRINT
'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.FEB_REFERRAL_GOAL'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.DISTRICT'
BY 'DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.STORE'
WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION EQ '®';
WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.DISTRICT EQ '&DISTR';
WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.STORE EQ '&STORE';
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='TIMES NEW ROMAN',
SIZE=10,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

Brenda
Linux/MVS DB2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And if you are editing the drill down manually, that you haven't added an ampersand on the variable name.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Brenda

quote:

FOCEXEC=reftest.fex(REG=N1 DISTR=N1 STORE=N1),

change this line to

FOCEXEC=reftest.fex(REG=N1 DISTR=N2 STORE=N3)

quote:

WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION EQ '®';
WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.DISTRICT EQ '&DISTR';
WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.STORE EQ '&STORE';

change the first line to

WHERE DALA_CDEC_STORE.DALA_CDEC_STORE.JCP_REGION EQ '®ION';

I hope that should solve your problem..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FrankDutch,

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Frank,
'®' this is not really in my code when I view the source, it's '®'. It's somehow getting changed when I copy into this forum. I did however make the change to N1 N2 N3 but I'm still getting prompted for REG when going to the drill down.

Jason,

When I right click on the fex and select properties, I do not have any options available to change. I guess that's something that's been added since the version I'm on?

Brenda
Linux/MVS DB2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Brenda

If you change the code '& REG' into '®ION' in both the master and the child report, that might help.

It looks as if the '& REG' always is translated into '®'.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Thanks so much!!! I changed the name to RGN and it now works. Thanks to all of you for your prompt assistance. Smiler

Brenda
Linux/MVS DB2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think Java wants it to be a registered trade mark. Will the code brackets help here:
 ® 

Nope they don't

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
&REG;
is HTML for ®

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Brenda,

I don't know if things have changed with recent releases of FOCUS, but I recommend never starting a field with a special character as you have done in your definition of #KEPT... and #SOLD...

I also recommend not starting anything with a number either.

It will accept these without issue but I have experienced problems when an upgrade occurs.

Carol

------------------------------------------
last version used: v7.1; truly miss the wonderful things I did with WebFOCUS, HTML, & JavaScript.

Posts: 36 | Location: Rolling Meadows, IL | Registered: September 05, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Carol is correct.

DEFINEd and COMPUTEd fields should start with a letter, and contain only letters, numbers and underscores. Also do not put spaces in the names.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Brenda,
if you don't have the option to 'prompt for parameters' then you can set a
-DEFAULT &MYVARIABLE = 'TEST';

and when nothing is passed for that value, it will use the default and not prompt you, i think.