As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
New TIBCO Community Coming Soon
In early summer, TIBCO plans to launch a new community—with a new user experience, enhanced search, and expanded capabilities for member engagement with answers and discussions! In advance of that, the current myibi community will be retired on April 30. We will continue to provide updates here on both the retirement of myibi and the new community launch.
What You Need to Know about Our New Community
We value the wealth of knowledge and engagement shared by community members and hope the new community will continue cultivating networking, knowledge sharing, and discussion.
During the transition period, from April 20th until the new community is launched this summer, myibi users should access the TIBCO WebFOCUS page to engage.
I want to remove unwanted parameters from HTML canvas parameter section. I have created some edit boxes and combo box which are just to show filter selections.It is not bound to any fex. Also have noticed that some parameters are still staying even after i changed the parameter name.
For ex: I was using CITY_NAME parameter earlier in a fex and now i changed to CITY_CODE,but i still see CITY_NAME in the parameter section. I have refreshed/removed all fex es from the Request& Data source and still i see the old parameters.
Another thing i noticed is i am unable to remove unwanted data source.The delete option is disabled when i select the data source.
Is there any trick to do this.This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
WF8206,Windows 7,8,10 HTM,PDF,EXCEL
Posts: 229 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017
I was able to remove the old parameter by deleting the container that created it on the design tab, then I went to the Requests and Datasources and deleted the request. That eliminated the bad parameter name on the parameters tab. I then re-referenced the request (fex) with the correct parameter and it created the new object with the correct name. I can't delete the data source either or see a way to do that. You may need to open a case on that one.
I made my post and then saw Don's so that seems simpler and works great...
Thank you for using Focal Point!
Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
Posts: 2128 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005