Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Position in a frame
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Here is what I am trying to do.

Create HTML files the night before with caster (Works).

Have dashboard get the files if they are there, otherwise run normal queries.

I created the dashboard to do normal queries on a button click event and it works. I then adjusted the event to check for the file and display it if it exists. It works.

Ok, the problem. Dashboard adds scroll bars and moves the displayed html down a few lines. I can turn off the scroll bars in javascript, but how do I move it down?

Also, why would dashboard even move text? The html files are exactly the same as the results of a query. I used fc (file compare on dos to check).

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm having trouble picturing exactly what the problem is, but I do know that you can also control scroll bars within the Dashboard itself without having to include any Javascript in your HTML or reports. When you create the block, you can control the appearance of scroll bars as a property of the block. See if that helps with your problem.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Fernando,
Have you tried the SET PAGE = NOPAGE?
I know, dumb question. I believe I had the same problem a while back. If I remember correctly, we used negative positioning for the frame within html. I don't have an example handy.

Alan

WF 7.6.6, FOCUS 7.6.4, IBM MVS/TSO, Windows 2003 Server, DB2, MSSQL

Posts: 65 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: July 26, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
The following is in cartest.fex:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"As of: "
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
-*ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=8,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=TITLE,
JUSTIFY=RIGHT,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
STYLE=NORMAL,
JUSTIFY=CENTER,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

The following is in the html screen:

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";
var multidrill = "multidrill";
var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";
var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";
var ibilangtrans="ibilangtrans";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,ibilangtrans,olap,olappanebase,olapdrill,multidrill);
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>HtmlPage
</TITLE>
<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {

var aframe = document.getElementById('report1');
var bframe = document.getElementById('report2');

var filea = '/DD/CAR.HTM';

var cframe = document.getElementById('report2');
cframe.src = filea;
}

function button2_OnClick(ctrl) {
UpdateData();
}

function button3_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: add validation code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto">
<IFRAME id=report1 title=app/cartest.fex style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 15px; WIDTH: 438px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 219px; HEIGHT: 110px" tabIndex=-1 name=report1 frameBorder=yes scrolling=no requests_list="0" autoExecute="True" elementtype="2">
</IFRAME>
<INPUT language=javascript id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 33px; WIDTH: 91px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px; HEIGHT: 28px" onclick=button1_OnClick(this) tabIndex=2 type=button value="Button 1" name=button1>
<INPUT language=javascript id=button2 style="Z-INDEX: 5; LEFT: 138px; WIDTH: 91px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px; HEIGHT: 28px" onclick=button2_OnClick(this) tabIndex=5 type=button value="Button 2" name=button2>
<INPUT language=javascript id=button3 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 134217727px; WIDTH: 120px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 134217727px; HEIGHT: 30px" onclick=button3_OnClick(this) tabIndex=3 type=button value="Run report1" name=button2>
<IFRAME id=report2 title=app/cartest.fex style="Z-INDEX: 4; LEFT: 468px; WIDTH: 438px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 219px; HEIGHT: 110px" tabIndex=-1 name=report2 frameBorder=yes scrolling=no requests_list="1" autoExecute="True" elementtype="2">
</IFRAME>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_domain style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=dailydas/dailydas.htm name=IBIMR_domain>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_folder style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=#dailydashboa name=IBIMR_folder>
<INPUT id=ibif_ex style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=app/debugtes.htm name=ibif_ex>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=dailydashboard name=ibiapp_app ismre="1">
<INPUT id=ibic_server style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=EDASERVE name=ibic_server>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<requests>

<request requestid="0" targetname="report1" ibif_ex="app/cartest.fex" targettype="0" sourcetype="typeFex" IBIMR_folder="#dailydashboa" ibiapp_app="">

<variables>

</variables>

</request>

<request requestid="1" targetname="report2" ibif_ex="app/cartest.fex" targettype="0" sourcetype="typeFex" IBIMR_folder="#dailydashboa" ibiapp_app="">

<variables>

</variables>

</request>
</requests>
</xml>
</BODY>
</HTML>

clicking on button1 loads the html file CAR.HTM (I cut and paste the result of the fex into this file).

Clicking on button2 loads the fex.

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03