Focal Point
[CLOSED] Charts in WebFocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8181088331

August 10, 2005, 08:05 AM
<sasmita>
[CLOSED] Charts in WebFocus
Hi,
Is it possible to create charts in webfocus online ?
i mean to ask that suppose we have a report in a tabular format, can we have a button,etc where we can convert this to a pie chart/ bar chart etc. Please let me know. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
August 10, 2005, 08:52 AM
Tony A
Why not give them both the chart and tabular data in one report?

If you want them seperate then you could always code a hyperlink to run another fex that produces the chart.
August 10, 2005, 12:38 PM
Boogarweed
You could also run both on the same page and put one in a DIV tag and togle the display when a link or a button is clicked.

<div style="display: block" id="infoblock"><br />!IBI.FIL.REPORTDATA;<br /></div><br /><br /><INPUT title="Show/Hide Summary" value="Hide Summary" onclick="ShowHide(this)" type="button" name="showHide"><br /><br />		function ShowHide(obj)<br />		{<br />		    if (infoblock.style.display == "none")<br />		    {<br />		        infoblock.style.display = "block";<br />		        obj.value = "Hide Summary";<br />		    }<br />		    else<br />		    {<br />		        infoblock.style.display = "none";<br />		        obj.value = "Show Summary";<br />		    }<br />		}

August 10, 2005, 03:21 PM
susannah
sasmita, do you know about the GRAPH FILE filename command? (as opposed to the TABLE FILE command). we're all assuming that you do, but maybe you don't, yet. you can put table and graph on one page, or as tony says, have a drilldown button from your table header that runs a fex that executes the graph, replacing the table output with a graph output.
January 25, 2018, 12:08 AM
asamant59
Hello ,
I intend to create a report in app studio where one button should produce the output in as it is that is a tabular format and another button should produce output in chart format.
How do I go about the same ??

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, all Outputs
January 25, 2018, 05:48 AM
Frans
So why re-open a thread from 2005?

You can make seperate reports where users can rightclick and run or put them in a htm with a button

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
January 25, 2018, 07:05 AM
asamant59
Sorry for the same.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, all Outputs