Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML page with parameters not working in Chrome and Firefox

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML page with parameters not working in Chrome and Firefox
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I have a HTML page with a drop down and 2 iframes. 1st iframe populates the graph and the 2nd iframe populates the report. Graph and Report are in 2 different fex files each having the name of the drop down as a parameter. The HTML page was developed in HTML composer (WF 7703 version). The is working as needed in IE but not in firefox and chrome.

In both firefox and chrome, First time when I select the value from drop down and click submit I am getting graph in iframe1 and in iframe2 instead of report i am seeing a prompt page (default prompt page that we see in MR) for the parameter.

If I select another value and submit again then I am not evening getting the graph this time I am seeing the parameter prompt in both the iframes.

I appreciate any help on this. I did check the versions of the FireFox and Chrome with that given on the techsupport and they are good.

Thanks,

Rao.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS - ver8201
[ReportingServers: Windows 64bit;
Client: tomcat and IIS on windows 2012
AppStudio

Posts: 104 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
make sure your 2 fexes don't have 'prompt' checked in their Properties

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Susan,

All my files are on the reporting server hence no prompt options in the properties menu. That too as I mentioned earlier that it is working in IE with out issues. The issue is only on the FireFox and Chrome.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS - ver8201
AppStudio

Posts: 104 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is this a HTML Composer created page?
Do you have a javascript file referenced in this page?
Did you add the javascript file via the GUI Insert CSS/Scripts toolbar link?

Since this page is in MRE and if you answer yes to all the above questions, the reason it's not working *may* be because the javascript file is NOT found when running in FF or Chrome (or Safari or Opera or iOS Safari or...). When adding a css or javascript file via the GUI, the file is copied to the MRE domain's Other folder, which cannot be found via non-IE browsers. The javascript functions do not run and there is no javascript error. The solution to this is to put the file in the Web Applications area (web server) and hand-code the javascript tag:

<SCRIPT style="Z-INDEX: 0" id=utilities type=text/javascript src="/approot/web/utilities.js"></SCRIPT>

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This is supposedly fixed with HotFix 7, available sometime near the end of October.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
francis, this is all i've got for js calls
<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

so... are you saying that if i move the 'ibi_html/javaassist' bits to an app directory, that ff/chrome will be able to find the stuff it needs?
or is there no hope for us 6.8 folk?
help?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Are your dropdown values being populated by a fex? Make sure there is no -EXIT in the fex. I had problem with this awhile back. It works in IE but not in Firefox for some reason.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
   CAR
BY CAR 
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END
-* Don't use -EXIT in dropdown fexes
-*-EXIT

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

yes, the html page was developed using HTML composer. I did not add any javascript files to this html but by default for any html page that we create I see the following 3 lines are added automatically at the top of the html.

<script id=IBI_nls type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js">

<script id=IBI_nlsVars type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nlsvars.js">

<script id=IBI_ibigbl type=text/javascript src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js">

As mentioned my HTML is on the Reporting server in the APP folders not on the MRE side.

Mighty,

I am using a MFD to populate the values in the dropdown so there is not EXIT.

Thanks,

WebFOCUS - ver8201
AppStudio

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
default prompt page that we see in MR

made me think you're in MRE. My suggestions are for HTML pages in MRE, for custom javascript files added via the GUI. background images for buttons applied within a custom css file as well...

Francis

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am sorry if my info was confusing but i meant to say that I am getting the default prompt page.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS - ver8201
AppStudio

posted Hide Post
The issue I was having with Firefox / iPad not rendering HTML (blank display), however IE 11 rendering properly is resolved. Thanks to Mighty Max's suggestion.
I replaced some -EXIT I had in the drop down generating FEX.
Appreciate your suggestion Max, saved me a lot of time.
Cheers!

Report Server - 7.6.4,Windows
MRE - 7.6.4 /zLinux/WAS 6.1
Dev Studio 7.6.4

Posts: 2 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 28, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Rao, Did you find a solution to this?
quote:
Originally posted by Rao D:
I am sorry if my info was confusing but i meant to say that I am getting the default prompt page.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi, did you find a solution to this?
quote:
Originally posted by susannah:
francis, this is all i've got for js calls
<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

so... are you saying that if i move the 'ibi_html/javaassist' bits to an app directory, that ff/chrome will be able to find the stuff it needs?
or is there no hope for us 6.8 folk?
help?

WebFOCUS 8010,8204
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Kartik

This is an old post and I haven't seen these people posting in quite a while. Reading back through this though what I got out of it was that he was using a fex to populate the drop down and at the end of the fex it had a -EXIT causing it not to work in firefox. He removed the -EXIT and it fixed the problem.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post