Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
E-mail the Reports
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I want my reports to be mailed to the concern user automatically -- How can this be achieved? Is it by report caster ( during scheduling)?

Can we mail Dynamic Reports too or we can only mail Static reports ?
( i.e Reports which has drill down, user selectable cascading prompts, Graphs )

Awaiting a suitable solution

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Navaneeth

WF Development Version - WF7.1
WF Production Version - WF7.1
WF Test Version - WF7.1

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you can set up a schedule of specific times to run the report..ReportCaster is the way to go.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Navaneeth :
Does "Automatically" refer to a specific Time/Day (ex: 8:00AM every Monday) or does it refer to a specific condition that can occur at any point of time ?

For the former example, you just set up a straight forward schedule in Caster for the desired frequency and delivery options.

For the latter, you have to use what is called the "Pre-Processing Procedures" on the 'Advanced Options' pop-up window on the Task setup screen. You will need to have a condition-check fex that is first executed, and if it comes back with the desired results, the actual report is run and emailed to the target. Else, the actual report fex is not run.
You do this by using the reserved "&KILL_RPC" variable. You can find more info about this in the caster documentation library.

Hope that helps.
Sandeep M.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And regarding the other Q you had about Drill-downs, I do not think that it is possible (atleast in our 5.x).
Reports run from the MRE are still associated with the reporting server thru authentication protocols and can re-connect with the server to execute the new report. But reports opened from an email are no longer associated with the reporting server. So they cannot re-authenticate with the reporting server to execute the drill-down fex.

I am not sure if any of that changed in your 7.x release.

Sandeep M.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
There is a new feature called Active Reports that is an off-line full-service report (contains sort options, filters, etc.). It's a matter of checking a box on the Report options but, it is a separate license and doesn't come standard. At least not in the 7.1.3 release that we use. So, you can send the report via email and it retains all the active report functionality without needing to be connected to the server.

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
navaneeth and Bluezone
Drilldowns in emails are definitely possible.
not only possible, very cool.
You just have to remember that Outlook is not a browser, so it doesn't know what a drilldown is unless you've specified the FULL path to the webfocus engine.
so, either in the fex or as a reportcaster pre-processing condition, you specify the path for your focus engine
SET FOCEXURL = HTTP://servername/ibi_apps/WFServlet
and now your ordinary drilldown links will work from outlook. Multidrills wont, anything javascript-based wont, remember...Outlook is Not a browser.
Now having said that, a work around is to send your email as an attachment...that way, outlook never handles the report, and the attachment presents as an html page; In my shop, attachments are not acceptable, so i have a link that says 'click here to get all the bells and whistles', and the resulting non-outlook, full html page, is no different from a selfserve site and you have all your multidrills, all your javascript .

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
thank you guys for your reply.

now i will start working on it

Regards

Navaneeth

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi ,

Do you guys have any documentation, or can u provide me any link with regards
to this.

I am new to report caster and e-mailing of Dynamic reports

Regards
Navaneeth

<DocServices>
posted
Hi Navaneeth,

You can find out how to schedule each of the types of reports in the ReportCaster Development and Administration Guide 7.1.

The following recommendation is an overview of ReportCaster that you may find helpful:
Best Practices: Considerations When Using ReportCaster 7.1. This document also describes how to schedule a report with links or drill down options.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
ReportCaster Development and Administration Guide 7.1.

Thanks

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am New to Web Focus Report Caster,

I tried e-mailing a .FEX file / Report, I get the desired result, and i.e. the report was mailed to the desired user.

But, how do we try to schedule an .HTM report?

Regards

Navaneeth

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you read the manual? The Report Caster schedule can distribute a report in different formats.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Francis,

I am unable to access Report Caster Development and Administration Guide 7.1..

I think it might be due to some access issue here or I don’t have the sufficient privileges.

Can you provide me some other solution or a way out?

Regards
Navaneeth

<DocServices>
posted
If you have an InfoResponse ID, log on to the Tech Support Web site and then access i-Base. By logging in first, you can download the PDF file and/or view the HTMLHelp version.

If do not have an InfoResponse ID, the alternative is to purchase the manual.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jennifer

Report This Post