Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     SQL Passthru: (FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SQL Passthru: (FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have an SQL query that runs fine using Rapid*SQL but the job bombs when plugged in as SQL passthru. The TechResponse solutions suggestion an upgrade to Oracle Client 9.2.0.4 but we are already at Oracle Client 9.2.0.5.

Other notes:

1.) The SQL passthru is notably smaller than the 64K limitation for SQL queries.

2.) The complete message shows:

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -1 (HEX: FFFFFFFF)
(FOC1407) SQL FETCH CURSOR ERROR. : SQLOUT

3.) For security reasons I cannot post the code. However I can respond to a private query.

4.) I tried a number of settings for SQLORA, e.g. DATETIME OFF but to no avail.

5.) The best answer results in a prize granted at Summit 2007 in Las Vegas.

TIA - FOCUS nation knows!

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Seems to me I've seen something similar in our DB2 environment whent the security settings for the pass to DB2 didn't include access to a table in the environment.

Don't know how that would apply to your oracle issue. I got the error just in WebFOCUS, don't do passthru.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
It is probably not security because the code runs fine through Oracle but I will check on the EDASPROF to see if there are issues there.

Also, worth noting, I tried to run the code in the SQL Report Builder in Dev Studio and the same errors occur.

Sandy Kadish

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Lesson learned:

Just because code runs correctly in a SQL query tool, such as Rapid SQL, is no guarantee that it will execute correctly as SQL passthru. It is best to break down the retrieval into components and add each one individually to confirm that the focexec will run.

Sandy Kadish