Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Another multiselect + chaining problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Another multiselect + chaining problem
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Similar to the problem posted by Majid, I cannot get a multiselect listbox to populate a second listbox properly.

This is similar to the EMPDATA database. I have a list of countries instead of states, and a list of customers instead of cities.

The chain is COUNTRY -> CUSTOMER.

I'm using a single listbox for both the countries and customers and using Ctrl+Click to select multiples. I can make a single selection in the first listbox which will populate the second one just fine (and on the second one I can use Ctrl+Click to select multiple customers). However I can't get the darn thing to select multiple in the country listbox.

After reading Francis' admonition to edit and save in 7702, I recreated the parameters page from scratch in 7702 but still no joy.

Here's the relevant code from the FEX:

WHERE ( NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY.(OR(FIND COUNTRY IN NEWORDER)).COUNTRY. )
AND ( NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.CCODE EQ &CCODE.(OR(FIND CCODE IN NEWORDER)).CCODE. )
AND ( NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.BL_YEAR GE &BL_YEAR.(FIND BL_YEAR IN NEWORDER).BL_YEAR. )
AND ( NEWORDER.PRODUCTS.PCODE NE 'MISC' );

Here's the code embedded in the parameters page:

TABLE FILE NEWORDER
SUM FST.NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.COUNTRY
 BY NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.COUNTRY
// TODO: Add your filters here to replace defaults
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

TABLE FILE NEWORDER
SUM FST.NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.CCODE
 BY NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.CCODE
END

All screamingly normal.

The properties for both controls are set to Multiple.

Any clues?

George

This message has been edited. Last edited by: George Patton,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Try this. This helped me, but yes we have also seen behavior like what you saw. So instead of relying on default filter I just specify my filters.

TABLE FILE NEWORDER
SUM FST.NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.CCODE
 BY NEWORDER.ROOT_SEG.CCODE
WHERE COUNTRY EQ &COUNTRY
END

Then in the properties of the chaining/binding say resolves &CONTRY This helped me. Also remember to use/not use Quotation Marks. or use .Quotedstring.
Remove // TODO: Add your filters here to replace defaults
I just came to know that if you edit the file you should remove this else it does not work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DW_Dev,

Webfocus 7.7.04, Windows, HTML,Excel , Active PDF, Active HTML, Flex Enable

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi DW_Dev,
Can you send us an example with a CAR file. It will be really helpful to resolve the issue.

Regards,
SAMM

WF 8.2.0.1, MRE, BI Dashboard, Self Service, Dev Studio, MS Windows XP SP1, Apache Tomcat/6.0.20, Oracle 11 g, I.E. 9 Output formats: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF,Active Reports

Posts: 60 | Location: USA | Registered: April 07, 2011Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The answer to getting multi-select to work with chaining can be found here: http://techsupport.information...om/sps/63262012.html

Unfortunately, even when Multiple is selected for both controls and the correct OR phrase and quote marks are in place in the FEX, the HTML composer will create a chain with embedded code as follows.

For the country:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM FST.COUNTRY
BY COUNTRY
END

And for the car:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM FST.CAR
BY CAR
END

The above will allow a single country to populate the cars for that country but will not allow multi-select on the country.
To enable the multi select you have to insert an additional BY phrase on the parameter settings for the CAR control, in this case BY COUNTRY:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM FST.CAR
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
END

I hope this helps. I've been banging my head on it for a week.

George

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What we were told is that

the above line of code adds the necesary where clause or by clause to the code.

But as I said earlier It is best to remove that line and write your own By or where.

Webfocus 7.7.04, Windows, HTML,Excel , Active PDF, Active HTML, Flex Enable

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi DW_Dev,
I have issues chaining with double list control box.....
by removing the code //TODO:....
also didn't work for me... any other thoughts would be appreciated...

Regards,
SAMM

WF 8.2.0.1, MRE, BI Dashboard, Self Service, Dev Studio, MS Windows XP SP1, Apache Tomcat/6.0.20, Oracle 11 g, I.E. 9 Output formats: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF,Active Reports

Posts: 60 | Location: USA | Registered: April 07, 2011Report This Post