Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     stylesheet syntax for new window location and size

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
stylesheet syntax for new window location and size
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
what is the focus style sheet syntax to call a fex to a new window that is of a specified size and location?
I know the syntax for targeting a new window, but what about sizing and locating that window?
(i can't use javascript because i'm calling the fex from Outlook).
thanks to anyone who might help.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
I do not think there is such a syntax in WebFOCUS style sheet, but you can use JavaScript to resize the window regardless of the method of invoking focexec. I assume that you have the WF report with a drill-down link as an embedded HTML within
an Outlook e-mail, so you cannot use syntax:

TYPE=..., ..., JAVASCRIPT=THESCRIPT(...),$[/code]One of the way to use resizing script is to add it to the target focexec, like in the following example:

-* The focexec with drill-down:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COMPUTE TOPLEFT/I2 = SEATS * 3;
COMPUTE WDT/I3 = WIDTH * 6;
COMPUTE HGT/I3 = HEIGHT * 6;
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, FOCEXEC = TARGET( \
-* "Resizing" parameters:
PTOP = SEATS \
PLEFT = SEATS \
PWIDTH = WDT \
PHEIGHT = HGT \
-* Other parameters:
),$
ENDSTYLE
END

-* The TARGET focexec:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS RPT1 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<script type="text/javascript">
// Move and resize accorindg to the parameters
function resize() {
window.moveTo(&PLEFT, &PTOP);
window.resizeTo(&PWIDTH, &PHEIGHT);
}

!IBI.FIL.RPT1;

-HTMLFORM END

Another method is to use a "proxy" focexec, which just redirects report request to the "real" target, and resizes and moves the browser window on-the-fly. In this case the target focexec does not need any changes.

-* "Proxy" target:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<script type="text/javascript">
function reload() {
var focurl = "/ibi_apps/WFServlet";
// Construct the real target URL here
// according to the report parameters:
focurl += '?' + "IBIF_ex=carinst"; // just the test
// ...
// Move, resize the window and run the report:
window.moveTo(&PLEFT, &PTOP);
window.resizeTo(&PWIDTH, &PHEIGHT);
window.location = focurl;
}

-HTMLFORM END

Hope this helps
Grzegorz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
creative, grzegorz. thanks. our outlook is bolted down so tightly that no js will run from it. but you've given me a great idea to try a diff. way.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post