Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] PDF Output -- How are you guys printing Less-than-or-equal-to?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] PDF Output -- How are you guys printing Less-than-or-equal-to?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I can't get a Less-than-or-equal-to sign to appear in a pdf doc. Anyone know how to do this? I'd hate to have to make it an image and get it aligned each time the form changes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
John,

Where exactly are you trying to place an Less-Than-Equal-To (<=) sign on your PDF report?

Header?
Body?
Footer?

Thanks,
prodrigu

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats

Posts: 121 | Location: California | Registered: June 19, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you thought about using a different font for the <= char.

If you have it or you could add it, Symbol has a ≤ Char

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Are you getting error? or is it not visible in output?

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It's in a heading. I don't get an error, instead I get a block that looks like a Chinese character.

I hadn't considered declaring the font Symbol. I'll have a look at that. Thanks.

J.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
By a cruel twist of fate, I can get greater-than-or-equal-to to appear, but not less-than-or-equal-to. This is using the symbol font. Quite strange. I get a little question mark instead.

J.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Really weird.

I can see the less-than-or-equal-to at 156, but not greater.

DEFINE FILE SYSCOLUM
 CNTR/I9 WITH NAME = IF LAST CNTR EQ 0 THEN 32 ELSE LAST CNTR + 1 ;
 Cntr/I9 WITH NAME = CNTR - 32 ;
 Col/I9  WITH NAME = (Cntr / 30) + 1 ;
 Row/I9  WITH NAME = IMOD(Cntr, 30, 'I9') ;
END
TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
   SUM CNTR 
       COMPUTE
       CHAR/A1 = HEXBYT(CNTR, 'A1') ;
ACROSS Col	NOPRINT
BY Row		NOPRINT
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 224
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=CM, PAGESIZE='A4', LEFTMARGIN=0.635000, RIGHTMARGIN=0.635000,
    TOPMARGIN=0.635000, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.635000, SQUEEZE=ON,
    ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
-*TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT=TIMES NEW ROMAN, $
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT=SYMBOL, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post