Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Removing inactive scroll bars from Hfreeze command

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Removing inactive scroll bars from Hfreeze command
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hey guys:
I came across a problem I've been having with the Hfreeze command and i cannot seem to find a solution to it anywhere. Basically when you use the Hfreeze command and the report it is on does not have enough rows the vertical scroll bar becomes inactive but does not remove itself.

This is more of an asthetics problem but does anyone have a way of removing the inactive vertical scroll bar the Hfreeze command leaves behind if the report does not have enough rows? I would still like to keep the column headings frozen and we cannot use AHTML format. Any ideas?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tim P.,

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
you can do it the hardway
create an extract first
measure the &LINES
if the &LINES is > some value, say 60 , then invoke the HFREEZE feature
if not, then don't.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That was actually my original thought and i got it to work for some reports.

The problem with that though is on some reports I have a filter on the final output table that has to stay there and can affect the number of lines that are output. Since i have to put the variable prior to the output table in order to invoke the Hfreeze feature, this won't work.

I mean i guess i can just be redundant and write the final output table twice just to get the line numbers out of the first one but i was looking for a better way haha.

Windows 7, All Outputs

Posts: 141 | Location: Mclean, VA | Registered: December 04, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
put the filter on the extract

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I cannot at the moment as I have to manipulate the data in such a way that the final output table is the only place it can go. Or make two identical output tables and use one as a hold file for the other and put the filter there.

Windows 7, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Figured out a solution to it as the problem lies in the CSS webfocus generates for the Hfreeze command. Basically webfocus sets the overflow-y attribute to 'scroll' instead of 'auto' so the scroll bar is always there regardless on if it is needed or not.

The solution involves an HTML form at the bottom of whatever fex you are using Hfreeze in:

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<style>
.scrollDiv { overflow-y:auto; }
</style>
-HTMLFORM END

The class Hfreeze uses is called '.scrollDiv'. This styling overwrites the 'overflow-y: scroll' in class '.scrollDiv' to 'overflow-y: auto' which is what it should be to begin with. I tested it in a couple of fexes and it works great.

Windows 7, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
that's really interesting. and useful! tks