Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Suppress HEADING on First Page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Suppress HEADING on First Page
 Login/Join

<mhuber>
posted
I need to suppress the header on the first page of output. Basically, I want to do:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEATS
BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK NOPRINT
BY MODEL
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"Country: HEADING
"This is a page heading"
WHEN TABPAGENO NE 1;
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
END

...but it chokes on the WHEN. Is there a SET Parameter or something that will take care of what I need?

Thanks,
Michael

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Try This:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEATS
TABPAGENO NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK NOPRINT
BY MODEL
ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"Country: HEADING
"This is a page heading"
-*WHEN TABPAGENO NE 1;
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=HEADING,COLOR=WHITE,
WHEN=TABPAGENO EQ 1,
$
ENDSTYLE
END

The trick is to put the TABPAGENO into the body of the request so the style sheet can evaluate it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 44 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 23, 2004Report This Post
<mhuber>
posted
Not exactly what I'm looking for...
I've done a few work-arounds (including that one), but I'd really like to suppress the heading completely. It seems like a pretty basic reporting function, so I'm guessing there would be a simple, straightforward solution.

Any thoughts?

Report This Post
<Prarie>
posted
Do you want the heading to print on Page 2 and the rest of the pages...just no heading on page 1?

Report This Post
<mhuber>
posted
Yes.
We're using ON TABLE SUBHEAD to display a different report heading on the first page. We want the HEADING to appear on the second & all subsequent pages.

Thanks.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
You can't use WHEN with HEADING, only with ON stuff, like ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD ... WHEN
Can you live with the line being blank on the first page?
TABLE FILE CAR
... COMPUTE HEADER/A80 = IF TABPAGENO EQ 1 THEN ' ' ELSE 'THIS IS THE HEADER'; NOPRINT
HEADING
"<HEADER"
END

Posts: 60 | Location: 2 penn | Registered: May 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Found this post and Noreen's technique worked great. BUT, I have a followup question:

I am wanting to supress the heading on every page except the first (a report with page breaks and repaging, so there are many page 1s). I was able to successfully do that, but is there any way to get rid of the page heading space on the subsequent pages? It still holds that big block of space at the top of the page. How can I get rid of it?

Posts: 23 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Colin

this works by me....

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
     CAR
     MODEL
     BODYTYPE
     SALES
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT

ON COUNTRY SUBTOTAL AS 'TOTAL'
ON COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK REPAGE
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"This is the report heading"
HEADING
"<COUNTRY "
FOOTING
"&DATEtrMDYY <+10> <TABPAGENO"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF

or is this not what you want?

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure I see how this is different. What part of this suppresses the header space at the top of the page?

Posts: 23 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
If you want a heading on only the first page, have you tried

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"..."

To suppress the reserved space above the heading on each page, try

SET PAGE=NOLEAD

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cspowell:
Not sure I see how this is different. What part of this suppresses the header space at the top of the page?

If I run this I get the report heading text only on the first page en the next pages do not have a report space heading
but maybe you have to do that in the settings part like

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     LEFTMARGIN=0.194444,
     RIGHTMARGIN=0.000000,
     TOPMARGIN=0.097222,
     BOTTOMMARGIN=0.000000,
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,
     PAGECOLOR=RGB(172 192 233), 

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post