Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Multiple Dashboards conflicting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Multiple Dashboards conflicting
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

Some of users have access to two WF environments, both hosted on the same iSeries server. One is the production dashboard and the other is a development dashboard.

Urls:

Prod = http://servername/
Dev = http://servername:81/ibi_apps/bid-login

They can log into each environment individually with no problems. But when they are both open, in seperate IE windows, we are seeing problems.

The most obvious issue is logging in:

1, User signs into production using prod ID and password. All accepted and signed in ok.
2, User then attempts to sign into development in a 2nd IE window, using test ID and password. WebFocus reports ID/password are incorrect, but they are correct?

If the user closes all windows and then goes back to the development dashboard they can log in using the supposedly incorrect ID/pass with no issues.

SO, it appears that when attempting to log into the development dashboard, the login details are actually being passed to the production dashboard for verification. As this ID does not exist in production it fails.

I am not sure how long we have had this issue, but I can only imagine it’s quite recent as we have been running the two environments for years and it’s only just started to come up.

I have done a quick search, but not sure what key words to use. So apologies if it is already ‘well documented’!!

Anyway, many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers

Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark66,

WebFocus 765. iSeries v5r4

Posts: 175 | Location: England | Registered: April 11, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Been doing some more testing between different PC's and it appears that IE7 and IE78 behave differently...

IE7

Problem is only seen when operating two dashboards on separate tabs, but within the same IE window. If the user uses separate IE windows then no error occurs.

IE8.

The problem exists when using two sessions on separate tabs or in separate windows. It appears that the problem seen with multiple tabs in IE7 is now seen when using multiple tabs or multiple windows in IE8.

Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is IE8 sharing sessions I believe.

You can change a shortcut to IE8 to have a '-nomerge' property:

“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -nomerge

or right click explorer and then click explorer.

I thought there was a switch somewhere in properties, but cannot find it.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Alan,

Ref IE8, unfortunately we don't have IE8 setups, but I will ask our customer if they are prepared to test.

Any thoughts on IE7? Does the nomerge property exist with that?

Has anyone else come up with this problem?

Thanks

Mark

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In IE7, the same window with multiple tabs will always share a session. I don't believe this can be overcome.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I did some searching on IE8 merging and found that the feature can be turned off by selecting 'New Session' from the File menu. I have asked our customer to test this and advise...

For Internet Explorer 8, we’ve made browser session handling a lot simpler. For instance, say you want to have two Hotmail windows open, each logged into a different account. Simply click the New Session item on the File menu, and a new browser window will open. The new browser window will not share session cookies with the original browser window, so you can log into Hotmail (and most web applications) as a different user. For command line junkies, you can run iexplore.exe with the -nomerge parameter.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The customer has tried selecting 'New Session' from the File menu and now the two dashboards are working as expected and they are happy!