Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Upgrade WF 8.105 to 8.2 concerns

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Upgrade WF 8.105 to 8.2 concerns
 Login/Join

posted
Dear WebFocus team,
Currently, my institution has WebFocus 8.105 version and we are interested to upgrade WebFocus into 8.2.

Did one of you already upgrade WF to 8.2 from 8.1? If so:

1. Did you experience problems with Clients or App Studio?
2. Can old App Studio 8.1 work on creating reports on 8.2 Client etc?
3. Redundant question...Did security/roles setup on each WebFocus folder TRANSFER to new version? I cannot imagine to redo an entire settings from the scratch.
4. Is there any IT changes to be done or a lot of work on Server side (internal IT processes)?
5. Did you experience any other issue(s)?

Thanks for reading the post and replies in advance,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.201

Posts: 23 | Location: MI | Registered: October 06, 2016Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
WebFocus 8201 is not recommended for upgrade from 8105 to 8201. You will get lot of issues when you try to do that.

IBI is working on the next release 8202 which is meant for the upgrade.

If you have any question on that, check with your local IBI support.

Windows, All Formats

Posts: 184 | Registered: December 27, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That's pretty rough news, since they want us to keep on upgrading.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Someone from IBI a while back suggested to me, as I recall, that the upgrade to 8.2.01 from 8.1.05M should be fairly minor. It was a side comment, but this is the first I've heard indicating that it's not recommended. Maybe there's new information since then?

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.

Posts: 88 | Location: MI | Registered: July 23, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There aren't any compatibility issues with the Reporting Server. The main concern is on the WF Repository side. Do you have the BI Portal and the Repository deployed in your current set up? I think there will be an 8.2.01 maintenance release that will smoothly migrate from 8.105 to 8.2 by Summit. I'd check with Tech Support to find out the official plans though.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for responses,
I just created IB case for this and I will updated You with their response on that. We would rather wait for another version to make upgrade smoother if that is the case Wink

WebFOCUS 8.201

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hello,
We are currently upgrading from 8.1.05 to 8.2.01M, so this post caused me some concern. I sent an email to Barry Austin, our IBI technical rep, and his response was:
quote:
Be careful to distinguish 8201 from 8201M. 8201M is the release that will be supported for upgrades from prior 81x and prior release.

So if you are upgrading to 8201M, you should be fine.

Have a great day,
Emily Maxwell

WF 8.1.05 on Windows machines
Backend: Informix, SQL and Oracle databases

Posts: 37 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 01, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank Emily for the response,
I just got response from IB, and they are saying similar things that we should wait for 8.102M version also. The estimated release of that version is end of April. We will wait then for that version for sure.

WebFOCUS 8.201