Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Inline message from ReportCaster looks horrible in Outlook 2010

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Inline message from ReportCaster looks horrible in Outlook 2010
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

My company is in the process of upgrading the MS Office suite of software and my mail client went from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 (yea - I know it's not the latest and greatest).

I frequently send output from Reportcaster as an inline message for small reports and it has worked relatively well. The output looks nice and rendered well on the Outlook 2003 client. HOWEVER, now that I'm using Outlook 2010 the WebFOCUS HTML output can range from annoying to HORRIBLE. The biggest problems seem to the the line-height, margins, or padding related to the tables.

I read that the Outlook 2010 client is using Word as the HTML engine as opposed to the IE engine in Outlook 2003 and in Micro$oft's infinite wisdom it shall remain so. I don't know that there is any way around this.

From the lack of chatter about this on the forum I suspect that everyone is NOT using the inline report option and attaching the output to the email instead. However, I'm wondering how others have dealt with this issue.

Thanks,

Norb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

prod:7.6.9, win2k3 mre, caster, bid, devstudio 7.6.9

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We use Office 2010 and hence Outlook 2010. Using inline messaging and attaching output to email is a great deal of what we do. Most of our attachments are ECXEL output. We don't have a lot of HTML reports but we do have some and we haven't had any issue at all. The attached HTML reports are stylized with bolding, colors, underlining, etc.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree withjg above. But you can turn Word off by selecting File, then Options. Near the bottom of the General tab is a checkbox to make Word your default. Uncheck that box (which should go back to the basic method) and see if that helps.

WebFOCUS 8.0.5,
MS SQL Server

Posts: 6 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: July 01, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi icompute2,

In the options dialog box for Outlook 2010 there is no option for disabling Word. There use to be on Outlook 2003 though. Perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Posts: 242 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: February 16, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi jgelona,

Just to be clear - I am not attaching an HTML file. I am embedding it into the email message via the "Select one report as inline message" option on the distribution. Here is an example from both Outlook2003 and Outlook 2010. This is the same email message from the same inbox - only opened on two different Outlook clients. The line spacing and/or padding in the table is bad news on Outlook 2010.

Outlook 2010:

Outlook 2003:

I assume that I'm just SOL on this one.

Thanks,

Norb

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Norb Eckert,