Focal Point
[SOLVED] Using the Report Caster Tables to build a Job Scheduler Report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8317010196

December 31, 2018, 12:26 PM
stanm
[SOLVED] Using the Report Caster Tables to build a Job Scheduler Report
Hello, I'm a new guy to the forum, so please play nice...
I have written a Web FOCUS Job Scheduler report using the 'BOT' tables from Report Caster. It has a Table of Contents and links between the TOC and the requested report page. It works pretty well, but I'm having an issue that's preventing me from finishing the report.

I can't seem to locate the data for the 'Summary' field on the Properties Tab in Report Caster. I've dumped every table into a file, one by one. I can't see any sign of 'Summary' data in the BOT tables.

I would like to send a screenshot, but I haven't figured out how to do that on Focal Point.

Report Caster--> Schedule--> Properties--> Summary. Any ideas where the Summary data resides?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stan Moss

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8008, Windows, PDF, HTML,
XLSX
December 31, 2018, 03:07 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Stan

Welcome to Focal Point... We always aim to play nice! I think you will find it a helpful place to get answers to your development questions.

I also looked at all the tables and can't find the summary data either. I have pinged the product manager to find out where it resides and will post his reply when I get it.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
December 31, 2018, 03:38 PM
stanm
Thanks for the help, Chuck!

XLSX
January 01, 2019, 10:22 PM
VinceCSW
I opened a case about this a few months ago.

"After doing further research, the summary field is stored in the WF_NLSOBJ table."

Vince

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinceCSW,

WebFocus 8.2.01
Windows 2016
XLSX, HTML, PDF
January 02, 2019, 11:12 AM
stanm
Thank you, VinceCSW. We added the synonym for WF_NLSOBJ and I'm able to dump the file and see the Summary data. However, I don't know how to tie this table to any of the others. I've tried running 'finds' against the BOT tables, looking for what I presume to be the key from the WF_NLSOBJ table, with no success. Would you be so kind as to give me the case number for the Summary issue? It may tell me what I need to know. Thanks for the help.
stanm

XLSX
January 02, 2019, 11:25 AM
Tony A
Joining HANDLE in WF_REPOSOBJ to IBFSID in BOTSCHED should do it for you.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
January 02, 2019, 03:21 PM
stanm
Thanks, Tony A. That did the trick! Appreciate the help.
stanm

XLSX