Focal Point
[CLOSED]Storing monthly data snapshots in a focus file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8337000286

April 25, 2016, 06:22 AM
Jon FB
[CLOSED]Storing monthly data snapshots in a focus file
Hi Guys,

I have looked through the forums and couldn't find a post similar, forgive me if I am wrong.

I am storing data in a focus file for monthly targets for a tracking grid for understanding when systems are working based on a level of confidence from the user.

I need to implement a way that I can have snapshots of data per month to build trend lines out of the data to show a basic Earn Value graph.

is there a way that you can keep a record of the data at the end of the month for each month to show what the current values of the data in the focus file were at that point in time so in my graph report i can filter on data snapshot.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.04
April 26, 2016, 10:33 AM
George Patton
If I understand this correctly, what you are asking for is something analogous to an historical inventory count, where you want to know what the inventory was at specific points in the past - recognising that the values are constantly moving targets, and thus things like averages over time are fluctuating.

You are storing the targets already. Why not create a separate database with a summary of the monthly values that you can match against the targets in future?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
May 02, 2016, 02:58 PM
<Emily McAllister>
Hello Jon,

Welcome to the Focal Point Forums!

I believe you can do something along those lines using our iWay line of products - although I will admit I am not an expert in those and I don't know offhand how one would set it up. We have a subforum for iWay which may be able to help you.

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator